Ich management suggestion

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have fallow my dt for 76 days and qt and treat copper with my fish for 30 days. However, might be the new corals or cross contamination , ich shown up again in my dt. It has been a month since I added my fish back and the ich is heavily affecting my fish. I have tried to feed Lrs reef frenzy, live sea weed, and live black worms with selecon. But their immune system seems not being able to fight off the parasites. I won’t be able to remove the fishes because all the live rock are glued and there is a tiny Catalina goby that I can’t seem be able to catch. Any suggest that I can tried? UV sterizler might not be an option because I’m using triton method and they don’t suggest using uv with triton. Appreciated any advice!

Tank parameter (stable)
Alk 7.8
Cal 450
Mag 1500
Temp 76-77 through 24 hours

Fishes
2 oce clowns
1 yellow tang
1 hippo tang
1 power brown tang
2 anthias
1 Midas Benny
1 fire fish
1 royal gramma
1 yellow coris wrass
1 Catalina goby

OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. Ich on a tang that I can’t catch without tearing apart the tank

No signs of ich on the other fish.

3 days ago I started using polyp lab MEDIC and feeding food with focus and metroplex.

So far so good. No signs of ich on the other fish and the tang is still eating. Looks like some of the ich has started to fall off and what hasn’t fallen yet looks smaller

Good luck with your fish. Tagging along to see what happens

Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also managing something in my tank. I bought a baby tang long time ago (November) and 2 weeks later I found it dead when I got home from work[emoji22] nothing wrong with the other fish in the tank. I told myself not to buy another cause of their issues. But the hippo tang is what got me into the hobby. So about a month ago I found another one, didn’t buy it right away just observed it for bout a month. I new it had a couple spots , but since it was able to survive for over month at the lfs. I figured it must have a decent immune so I bought it. All l can do now is feed it food of all varieties with
dcba124a37a522d5cee5cec34d48555f.jpg
vitamins
34c012bac0123186f15ca1c00e7cb44d.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the fish in the second photo the same as the one in the first?

Is the fish in the second photo alive?!

If that's ich, it's among the worst cases I've seen - I will say that the spots look about the right size for ich, though they're numerous enough to be velvet. In my opinion, this fish needs to get into a quarantine / hospital tank ASAP, under treatment for parasitic diseases.

If you'd like to reintroduce the hippo to this display, the other fish in the tank should be treated as well, and the tank allowed to run "fallow" without fish - for a full 76 days.

~Bruce

Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the two are not the same. 2nd pic was back in November (fish died). 1st pic is new fish had it since valentines. Seems do be doing okay.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the two are not the same. 2nd pic was back in November (fish died). 1st pic is new fish had it since valentines. Seems do be doing okay.

I wish my lfs could keep a tang for a month. Most come in on Friday and are sold within a day or two. Makes it impossible to observe.

Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya my lfs usually sells them as fast as they get them too.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back