OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't add vitamins to the water. All that does is feed the bacteria. The small amount of water that marine fish drink makes the amount of vitamin ingested minimal to none. Even be careful adding vitamins to food - it can rinse off into the water. Also, vitamins don't cure any diseases, and fat soluble ones are toxic at too high doses.

Jay
Thanks. I know they don’t cure diseases.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does this test read as high as 3 ppm? If so, you can use it for coppersafe or copper power. If it only reads from 0 to 0.3 then it is good for ionic copper only. Their web site just says "good for all types of copper".

Jay
It reads up to 1.0 I just realized. So it’s not going to work. I’m planning on picking up a Salifert test kit today.

Last edited:

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noted! I did add some vitamins to the water though. And I’ve heard mixed things about garlic. But I thought about it.

If you ever add a vitamin mix, I recommend doing it to flakes since they absorb it like paper towels. I occasionally add a bit to my fish food. As jay said, it often just rinses off of frozen foods and alike.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up some Garlic Xtreme. I know there’s mixed feeling on it. It smells delicious though lol like garlic bread. I actually think you could eat it….I looked the ingredients haha. Once I put it in the tank though I swear it smelled like burning garlic or this weird smell. I assume it’s normal.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up some Garlic Xtreme. I know there’s mixed feeling on it. It smells delicious though lol like garlic bread. I actually think you could eat it….I looked the ingredients haha. Once I put it in the tank though I swear it smelled like burning garlic or this weird smell. I assume it’s normal.
@vetteguy53081 @Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Put it in tank ? Its added to food at 1-2 drops OCCASIONALLY to help with fishs' immunity system.
Overdosing is a no-no. Get the carbon and hose ready.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Put it in tank ? Its added to food at 1-2 drops OCCASIONALLY to help with fishs' immunity system.
Overdosing is a no-no. Get the carbon and hose ready.
Well it stinks in the tank lol. So I removed him and did a 100% water change and added more copper lol. Little guy is back in quarantine and just ate.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He’s so entertaining to watch and already full of personality even though I know he’s scared and still adjusting. But the way he pokes his little head out of the water and perches himself on things is so cute! :star-struck: And I know turning on the lights and staring at new fish stresses them out but it’s so hard not to just start at your new little buddies.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
He’s so entertaining to watch and already full of personality even though I know he’s scared and still adjusting. But the way he pokes his little head out of the water and perches himself on things is so cute! :star-struck:
Perching definitely typical

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you bought a fish with a known ich outbreak, put it in an unestablished q tank, and then did a 100% water change and you know this fish is stressed?! I hope the fish makes it.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you bought a fish with a known ich outbreak, put it in an unestablished q tank, and then did a 100% water change and you know this fish is stressed?! I hope the fish makes it.
That’s all he is now but he’s better than before. I felt bad for him at the store. Moving stresses fish out regardless.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His spots haven’t reappeared since adding copper and introducing him. I will leave him in qt for about two weeks treating with copper and into the display he goes.
You should run copper for 30 days to ensure all parasites are killed. After that you should also do a prazi treatment to knock out flukes. Last thing you want to do is introduce disease to the display tank.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His spots haven’t reappeared since adding copper and introducing him. I will leave him in qt for about two weeks treating with copper and into the display he goes.
Should be 30 days, 21 days after all spots are gone at the absolute minimum.
Jay

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Little guy is doing great…swimming about and eating! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
484257E9-02AB-491E-8CC2-7FE2624595C2.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back