ICP test results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rushy1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, just got my icp test results back and could do with some help and advise. So many orange readings and I just don't know where to start! I'm not currently dosing anything and doing 20% water change fortnightly. Corals / cuc doing terrible hence the test being done.

20200916_155425.jpg

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everything is reading high because your salinity is too high...
Lower your salinity and things will probably start to look better.

What are you using to check your salinity? refractometer? do you have (35ppt) calibration fluid to make sure it is reading correctly? If not, i'd suggest starting there.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Provided your ICP results are correct, you salinity is quite high (approx 40.3ppt) if you plug the results into the attached calculator.

Attachments

• Salinity calculation based on Triton test results.xlsx
    16.9 KB · Views: 124
OP
OP
R

Rushy1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everything is reading high because your salinity is too high...
Lower your salinity and things will probably start to look better.

What are you using to check your salinity? refractometer? do you have (35ppt) calibration fluid to make sure it is reading correctly? If not, i'd suggest starting there.
Using a refractometer & calibration fluid, have just recalibrated and rechecked SG and its at 1.027

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.027 is high, but not terribly high. Your ICP results would seem to indicate that its even higher than that though...

Any other way to check? LFS maybe?

OP
OP
R

Rushy1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That aluminum is high too. are you using any alum based media in a reactor?

I use this calculator

I had been using rowa in a reactor but have removed it

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, just got my icp test results back and could do with some help and advise. So many orange readings and I just don't know where to start! I'm not currently dosing anything and doing 20% water change fortnightly. Corals / cuc doing terrible hence the test being done.

20200916_155425.jpg
HI. Thanks for your posting your ICP Test here . We will help you out to interpretate the Test.

1, The salinity is to high, you can see that with the sodiumlevel and you can see in the chart right of the reference values the ammount calculated with a salinity of 35 psu. So if you reduce the salinity the elements like Calcium/Magnesium will also reduce.
2. Your Pottasium/Calcium Level is perfect , there it is enough only to reduce the salinity do not do any action to reduce them over other methods.
3. Please check your alkalinity it should stay around 7,5 after the reduction of the salinity
4. Boron is ok, for SPS better to keep around 6ug
5. The biggest issue is the much to low iodine level, this causes massive issues , Dino and Cyano blooms. Also your biology cannot reduce nutrients propper so usually the Po4 level raises up.
6. Bromine can be raise up a bit ( 10.% ) Strontium is ok .
7. The P reading is much to high, you have many Po4 Depots in your reeftank. Made water change, and change the sand in the bottom if you have, or the rock against new fresh live rock if possible.
8. Zink, Copper, Nickel, Vanadium, and Molybdenum we call them the dynamic elements take care that they are all in al relation so if zinc is around 10ug then also Nickel, Vanadium,copper and Mo should be around 12-15 ug
9. Reduce the ammount of vitamin dosing the Co reading is a bit to high, this showed that the Vitamin B12 level is to high.
10. Barium and Aluminium is a bit to high but mostly that does not matter . Mostly this comes from food and Zeolithparticles which will be used in food / sometimes it comes from activated carbon and so on.
Please check first the other parameters, take care of Po4 reduction and do some bigger waterchanges with a really good Seasalt.
Then it should go fast better :)

Last edited:

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time I’ve had an aluminum elevation, love this test took under a week to get the results. What does everybody think? I’m not sure I understand everything. This is my first time doing a ICP. Thanks!

083DD283-49E0-4A2F-A24A-550BCCC6BFE2.jpeg

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
The ammount of Aluminium is quite Normal. Mostly it comes from frozen food, Water clearer, Some Adsorber or Zeolith filtration. Please check your potassium level ane raise it up.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back