Identify please

Badgerreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Pewaukee WI
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last question. I had a couple of things growing on my euphyllia coral stems. Also some fishing line sized worm looking pests on my live rock that I took a polyp off of. Are these pests to be worried about? Thoughts? I really need some input, thanks!
8DF1C20F-0278-47B5-97F5-EE0BC560F210.jpeg
18A83CBA-A47B-4E86-A736-023C0CF540DB.jpeg
D4BFDCB0-927D-4FC0-AD89-2078CC79A813.jpeg
C29EFB1B-8030-4CDC-A74A-E8B338621DC7.jpeg
59D19AFE-21B1-4F75-8E54-06FD59EC5DD3.jpeg
7676CB19-9702-4353-99C0-D60CB1D283EA.jpeg
 
Spirorbid worms- harmless filter feeders in the first.

Vermetid worms are those purple/white tubes- they can get to plague proportions so I would super glue the opening of their tube to starve them out.

Last pic seems to be a spaghetti worm, which is another harmless detrivore.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new