If the power goes out . . .

Chris22582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a battery back up just hooked to my tunzes and I have a 4500W generator if it goes out too long.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bad boy turns on when the power goes out!
Generator.jpg

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a battery back-up that's good on a Koralia 2 and a heater for a couple hours. If it's longer then that, I have a DC converter to run from my car.

RaddReef319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power generator. I have a Briggs and Stratton 3600 watt portable. I've never used it, which is a good thing because I've never lost power. But I know a couple of people here in Iowa that have lost power and lost their entire stock. For me it's just peace of mind to have one, then I don't have to sit back and watch everything freeze to death from the cold. If your considering buying a generator though don't skimp, a cheap one is not going to work when you need it, go with a honda, briggs and stratton, or Yamaha, brand names.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My generator is a Champion 3500w continous 4400w surge from Checker/Shucks/Kragen/Murrays/Oreilly auto parts. You can also get it at Parts America and Cabellas.
Its the number one rated generator on RV.net by far and easily the best bang for the buck out there. I did a ton of research before buying it since noise, cost and reliability were all concerns. It meets all three. The muffler is bigger than the one on my Ford F-150, the cost is about $299 most times and the engine is a legally licensed Honda GX200 clone built under license in China. Check them out on RV.net, the thread is well over 700 pages long to date! Thye offer a whole line of generators including electric start, pull start and very small portable types for most any application. Not an ad for them but its been good to me and I could buy 5 of them for what one Honda EU or Yamaha costs and I normally stick to brand names like those.

RaddReef319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My generator is a Troy-Bilt cart with a Briggs and Stratton engine. It's less expensive than a Briggs cart and engine combo, but who cares who makes the cart? I bought my generator at Lowes for $349.00 and it's a beast, 3600 watts. It's definately worth the bucks if you can swing it and sure beats buying all new corals. That champion doesn't sound like a bad job either. I researched generators for months before settling on this one. I guess that's the key just read reviews and see what people say about them.

wingman1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just remember no matter good your generator is it wont work if your low on gas. dont forget fill it up.

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it through a 13 hour outage last year with a pitcher. I was up every half hour moving water from the sump to the display and the frag tank. PITA!!!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 34 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back