IM 100 INT Peninsula build

Scooba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to start a build thread on my new Innovative Marine 100 INT Peninsula. I have been looking at getting a 48" peninsula tank to run along the half wall between my office and my living room. I have a 25g IM lagoon that currently houses 2 clowns and a bunch of my zoa collection and a waterbox 25g cube that holds all my mushrooms, mandarins, jester goby and yellow tang that was growing up to move into my 180g FOWLR. I have decided both tanks will be coming down and combining into this new tank that will be all community and coral. I am going to be setting this tank up with dosing and branch out into some SPS finally. When IM was having their big sale on their tank, I picked this one up with stand for super cheap so I had to do it.

Tank - Innovative Marine 100 INT Peninsula
Sump - Pro Clear Aquatics Red Flex 4 in 1 200
Lights - Unsure, I have 1 Radion XR15w G5 Pro on my lagoon, possibly getting 1 more or upgrading to two new lights
Return Pump - Jebao DCP-15000
Flow - 2 x 4k IceCap Gyres & MP40
Skimmer - Reef Octopus 110SSS
Rock - Caribsea Life Rock
Controller - Hydros x4 or x10 (if it comes out soon) & Xp8

20230214_182904.jpg

Got the stand built about 2 weeks ago during some free time

20230305_135631.jpg

My LFS came to do a big water change on my 180g and I asked them to bring their suction cups to help me move the tank since the stand was all built

IMG_20230307_153954_01.jpg

Sump came in - by the way, Pro Clear was phenomenal resolving an issue. I was missing the little frag rack from the box, they didn't hesitate, had it shipped out right away and super quick with constant communication on the status.

20230402_190813.jpg

This weekend I decided to pick up some Caribsea rock plateaus and couple other pieces to make some separate islands along with about 80lbs of sand

20230402_191127.jpg

Now everything is up to date, I am working on mapping out my plumbing and buying the necessary parts. Once I can get all the plumbing in and done, I can get the sand and water going to let everything start running its course.

Between the caribsea rock and its bacteria, live sand, a bottle of Dr Tim's, a piece of rock from my FOWLR (been running for 5 years) in the sump and bags of seeded siporax that have been in my other tanks, I plan on letting things cycle for a little bit. I hope with all the different bacteria sources I can get a good diverse field going.

Once fish are good, I will move my clowns in first and the others will stay in their tank for another month or two so everything can settle.

New updates coming soon when I get plumbing drawn out and parts purchased.

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you figured out the tank lighting? With the peninsula style I'd almost recommend the Reef Breeders or Maxspect Razor or some of the other full-length fixtures that don't have to attach to the back of the tank. That'd make it look cleaner.

OP
OP
Scooba

Scooba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you figured out the tank lighting? With the peninsula style I'd almost recommend the Reef Breeders or Maxspect Razor or some of the other full-length fixtures that don't have to attach to the back of the tank. That'd make it look cleaner.

I haven't yet, I was looking at the reef breeders this weekend. I have not yet decided if I want to do a hanging light from the ceiling, which would be the cleanest option. Or, do something that mounts to the tank

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my 100 int up and running too - can't wait to see what you do with yours!

OP
OP
Scooba

Scooba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to getting all the plumbing setup, glued and tested. Got all the sand in, water filled, salinity adjusted and put in the Dr. Tims to get things going.

With all the bacteria sources that I am using I added just a little ammonia to start the cycle. Hoping things will be good to move the clowns over from their tank to continue getting everything going over the next few days. But I will keep an eye on tests and see where they are.

No lights for the next month or so. When everything is going good, I am planning on moving my Biota group over from their tank. I am thinking 5 or 6 weeks from now. I have a yellow tang I have been raising since about a quarter size, jester goby and little female mandarin. They all are doing very well, all eat pellets daily and are growing and healthy. I want to get another Jester and a male mandarin and grow them out a little before joining the others. Then when things are stable and I get lighting figured out, I will move the corals from their two tanks.

Attachments

• 20230504_084114.jpg
    20230504_084114.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230504_084152.jpg
    20230504_084152.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230504_084208.jpg
    20230504_084208.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230504_084231.jpg
    20230504_084231.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
Scooba

Scooba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally settled on a light for the tank. I went with 5 Orphek OR3 LED bars and the new Osix controller system. I decided to mount the light from the ceiling because I wanted a clean minimal look with the tank. Had a friend go up in the attic and put a brace between two joists so we could anchor in for a secure mounting point.

20230611_095901.jpg

Tanks been running for just over 7 weeks now without lighting. Ammonia has been gone since day 3. I hung the lights and have been running them on a schedule from 10% to 50% and back down. Started to get a small diatom bloom now that there is lighting going. So I picked up a small starting cleaning crew from the store and ordered a bigger crew from reefcleaners. I also moved my biota group over with the others and everyone has been doing good and getting along. First crew are doing good work and the full cleaning crew arrives tomorrow.

20230610_163734.jpg

20230610_164510.jpg

Overall I am super happy so far with the lighting option. I think the bars look awesome with the hanging kit, keeps a clean look, no bulky mounts or anything. I am happy with my bar selection and can add 1 more to the controller if I need additional color or par. I will be ordering a PAR meter soon so I can start doing some fine tuning adjustments on the height.

flatlander93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in on what you think of the lights? I have 4 of them and wondering how much of a difference one bulb makes. Tank looks great! Need an update.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back