OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has great customer service. Kudos to him. I’m so glad he’s working on your side, and I’m so glad you aren’t giving up!

I definitely am stoked for your tank.

How are the corals doing in the tank? They looked nice from the video I saw a few weeks ago.
The goni are doing well, the others the butterflies ate lol. My friend has a ton of soft coral he gave me. I’m trying to keep away from stony on this build hence the BFF, but those didn’t work so I’ll try a softy tank. Those don’t get enough love!

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked up BRS par on the 360x since expanding softies. I run them lower height than BRS so I don’t get glare when I sit on sofa, but here is their par map with 2 over a 48” tank and their goal of 75-150 par for lps

FCDBAE4E-8B9F-4D0A-AA44-F96562DC5B5C.jpeg

Now this is way too blue for me as I tried it. I set mine to the below. Previously I had it at 80 color and 50 intensity with secondary colors all 100. reducing the green is a good move though.
0013C9BE-4026-40ED-A8D0-8CE0F7FC0AB8.png

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goni are doing well, the others the butterflies ate lol. My friend has a ton of soft coral he gave me. I’m trying to keep away from stony on this build hence the BFF, but those didn’t work so I’ll try a softy tank. Those don’t get enough love!
@Tamberav recently switched her SPS tank to softies. She’s been so happy with this decision. She can confirm. :)

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked up BRS par on the 360x since expanding softies. I run them lower height than BRS so I don’t get glare when I sit on sofa, but here is their par map with 2 over a 48” tank and their goal of 75-150 par for lps

FCDBAE4E-8B9F-4D0A-AA44-F96562DC5B5C.jpeg

Now this is way too blue for me as I tried it. I set mine to the below. Previously I had it at 80 color and 50 intensity with secondary colors all 100. reducing the green is a good move though.
0013C9BE-4026-40ED-A8D0-8CE0F7FC0AB8.png
Definitely. Fish look really good in 10K lighting IMO. Really brings out the yellow and red coloration.

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the coral are extending even after a peroxide scrub.

big old bounce, blue ridge (ok it’s a hard coral but not stony!), red goni and some zoas and other leathers.
C4E480A5-7EDF-48AF-8E7D-342F3522A17C.jpeg
10B42945-C9AB-4BD8-A35C-2CC7669F7284.jpeg
B42F911F-B720-4822-91F4-C716D092DB7E.jpeg
1AF52057-41B0-4906-82D0-1FAD56C93DD0.jpeg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap... I AM SO SORRY! :(

I use a observation tank even when I purchase from Dr Reef or TSM. Basically you can do the medications and keep them therapeutic but stuff can still get through and the way to know is to observe the fish for 30 days in a tank without meds and I don't believe any QT place does this since it isn't practical to keep fish that long.

Also @Miami Reef - TSM has replaced fish that died overnight for me when I asked about it.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap... I AM SO SORRY! :(

I use a observation tank even when I purchase from Dr Reef or TSM. Basically you can do the medications and keep them therapeutic but stuff can still get through and the way to know is to observe the fish for 30 days in a tank without meds and I don't believe any QT place does this since it isn't practical to keep fish that long.

Also @Miami Reef - TSM has replaced fish that died overnight for me when I asked about it.
Thank you for chiming in.

The longest that someone holds a fish preQT is @Dierks from FisHotel: 2 weeks. He’s a Humblefish pre quarantined sponsor and Humblefish personally mentored him. I never personally purchased fish from him, but I would trust his service if my life depended on it. He’s that good.

But yeah, observing the fish is a good call if you will buy preqt fish. The worst that can happen is you wait a few weeks. I wish I would have observed my TSM anthias. I probably would have saved most of them from that bacterial infection that they came with.

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today status update. Diamond goby seems fine. No spots, sifting sand like mad.

peroxide dosing continues into sump. 70ml of 12% daily.

soft corals are open, cleaner shrimp is out so no negative peroxide impact yet. I ordered test strips will arrive tomorrow so I can make sure to not OD if it doesn’t decompose.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well mistakes were sure made that part I can confirm lol
Its much easier to bash a vendor by hiding the facts, Please also disclose that you added livestock from non quarantined source (snails and other items) like you told me on recorded line when i called you. And also disclose that i offered to replace all your fish even though you added non qted livestock to your tank and swhen you said you dont want the butterlfiy tank anymore I agreed to give you 25 dartfish for free.
QTed fish doesnt mean they will NEVER get sick again. One must put everything qted in the tank otherwise qted fish or not any fish will get sick again.
Will get your dart fish out to you next week as promised.

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its much easier to bash a vendor by hiding the facts, Please also disclose that you added livestock from non quarantined source (snails and other items) like you told me on recorded line when i called you. And also disclose that i offered to replace all your fish even though you added non qted livestock to your tank and swhen you said you dont want the butterlfiy tank anymore I agreed to give you 25 dartfish for free.
QTed fish doesnt mean they will NEVER get sick again. One must put everything qted in the tank otherwise qted fish or not any fish will get sick again.
Absolutely I am sorry if I didn’t post my reefcleaners order on the thread. Everything you said is correct and I apologize if it seemed like I was blaming you. Your service has been great and I didn’t realize I had not given you credit for it. I talk with my local reefers and friends and told them but guess didn’t update here. Your phone call and order change away from butterflyfish was top notch and probably kept me in the hobby.

Edit:
The RC hermits came 8/26 with damp paper towels not in water. It’s very possible velvet came there. I never wanted to point to dr reef fish bringing it in. I can’t say exactly where it came from but just everyone should be extra vigilant. Sorry again Mike if it read that way.

Last edited:

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely I am sorry if I didn’t post my reefcleaners order on the thread. Everything you said is correct and I apologize if it seemed like I was blaming you. Your service has been great and I didn’t realize I had not given you credit for it. I talk with my local reefers and friends and told them but guess didn’t update here. Your phone call and order change away from butterflyfish was top notch and probably kept me in the hobby.
I am sorry if i came out to harsh. I dont want my clients to think that this is a common occurance. Yes i have had my issues and no qt is 100% but i wanted to state the facts so people can see for themselves. Again i appreciate you clearing the facts. thank you for that.

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry if i came out to harsh. I dont want my clients to think that this is a common occurance. Yes i have had my issues and no qt is 100% but i wanted to state the facts so people can see for themselves. Again i appreciate you clearing the facts. thank you for that.
You have a right to come out harsh. I should have reviewed the thread better. It’s been a tough time with the tank and I didn’t review my posts as I should have especially when using vendors by name. Heck it’s possible the biota CB angels were carriers and just didn’t show it.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He never bashed you. Not once.

If you are going to blame someone for bashing you, it might as well be me. But I stated that you were very accommodating in my last post about you.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang. Just got caught up with the thread. If that disease was indeed Velvet it really cemented how deadly it is for me. Sorry for your losses. Onward and upward from here. Glad you are still chugging...many would have gotten too discouraged

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang. Just got caught up with the thread. If that disease was indeed Velvet it really cemented how deadly it is for me. Sorry for your losses. Onward and upward from here. Glad you are still chugging...many would have gotten too discouraged
Thanks!!! Appreciate it. So many good supportive people here. It is great to hear.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He never bashed you. Not once.

If you are going to blame someone for bashing you, it might as well be me. But I stated that you were very accommodating in my last post about you.
never said HE bashed me, I said in general statement, Its easy to bash a vendor. By saying i baught fish from dr reef and all died from velvet is just like saying my wife left me. leaving out the fact that i cheated on her.
So its best to state all facts and let people make up their own mind.

I take full responsibility when its my fault and even when its not i take care of my clients even then, there are tons of people i send free fish to just because i cant see someone losing hundereds of dolalrs in fish that didnt live. Also i dont do this for money, I do this to help people and if in return something happens i feel guilty. So for any reason no matter what i replace fish for the losses someone incurs. Thats my policy which goes strictly again common business model.

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is enough bad stuff in this thread so now this is all cleared up let’s focus on the positive and moving forward!

Again sorry Dr Reef - let’s all just leave it at my apology and it’s all good. your service even exceeds pre-petco divers den and for us old timers that really says something as they were fantastic.

Very excited for the zebra dartfish you kindly are sending and the softie tank.

Back