IM 75INT Basement Build

juniorrocketdad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am liking the scape, those shelves should make coral placement easy. The only thing I might do different would be to remove the little rock in the middle to create more contrast between the two towers, but when its covered in coral I can picture it looking great either way!

I have a cadlights artisan ii 70 gallon which is a very similar tank so definantly gunna follow along. Best of luck with the build!

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that little rock in the middle im on the fence about. i can imagine a cool zoa rock in the center of the "lagoon" but then i love how it looks without it.

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok finalized the rocks. Put some sand in and finished the plumbing-painted and glued up. Shes ready for water!!
20180819_195847.jpg
20180819_195839.jpg

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next steps are building a shelf for and plumbing my Algae Turf Scrubber from Clearwater, anyone running one? Share some pics of your setup!

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well she's wet and cycling. Below pic is from when i put the salt in to mix. Its cloudy and not exciting
20180908_112449.jpg

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came across this thing this evening. Anyone have an idea? It has a white center, and like a clear jelly around it. There is nothing alive really in the tank other than dr. Tim's one and only bacteria and a couple frag plugs from my other tank with some of that tank's bacteria. I have ghost fed flakes about 6 times

20180918_195003.jpg

Kryssie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting the same tank soon. Any plans for how you’re going to do your electronics? I’m brainstorming and am at kind of a loss.

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting the same tank soon. Any plans for how you’re going to do your electronics? I’m brainstorming and am at kind of a loss.
as of right now, they are all just on a powerstrip outside the cabinet. Im probably going to build/buy a small furniture piece to house all the electronics away from the sump and water.

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going through my ugly cycle stage now, but should be nice and pretty soon. So far other tank inhabs are:
5 chromis(started with 6)
a trio of Anthias(leader is transitioning into a male as we speak)
Misc. CUC

This weekend ill flip on my Calm waters algae turf scrubber and start harvesting that algae!

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my CW50 Algae scrubber installed today. I've got it running from 3pm to 8am to overlap and offset my display.
20181013_150716.jpg
20181013_150742.jpg

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ive been MIA recently, as i said earlier, itll be a slow build. Here is the latest FTS. gone is the ugly phase, and we are ready to cook with gas!!
FTS.png

Tank inhabs are:

Duo of Chromis (started as 5, picked off 1 by 1 and now these two have been living harmoniously for a month now)
Trio of Lyretail Anthias-Male has begun to turn, elongated dorsal, hopefully the color change comes soon. he can be seen center tank
Yellow tang-Ruler of the tank
Gold Rim Tang-newest addition, some slight aggression from yellow tang but as of last night, that has subdued substantially and were even swimming together at points.

CUC of various snails and Hermits

Coral:
Torch
Hammer
Cornbred Flaming Phoenix
Vivid Rainbow Delight(hopefully coming back from brink of death)
2 to be named later Acros
CAR Zoanthids

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank! Any updates? How about some shots of in the sump and your wire management? Looking to get the 75 EXT soon.

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo....mass layoff at work which means I had to move my office tank home in a hurry, unfortunately didnt get to do it properly so everything besides the Rocks flower nems are pushed off and have either bleached or lost all color. Still some polyps on some of the pieces I was worried about like the WWC king pow monti, the CB flaming Phoenix colony, my setosa and forest fire digi...across, not looking so hot and may have lost them all....lowered the power on the lights, keeping the tank as stable as I can and crossing my fingers most of everything recovers. Here's a pic of how the tank looks today

View attachment 20190205_192508.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back