IM 75INT Basement Build

kanders87

Sarcasm Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read somewhere, cant remember where, that coral reaches a photo-inhibition period, where they have absorbed all their daily needs of light, after a span of 4-6 hours. So doing it this way, the coral has a 6 hour period of light and a 6 hour period of rest, twice a day. Effectively doubling the growth capacity...in theory. But seriously so far- puffiest, happiest, most PE showing SPS i've ever had in my 10 years of reefing.

Interesting. So you’re doing 6hrs of bright “white” in the am, 6hr rest, and then 6 hrs of blues, 6 hr rest each day. Definitely interested to see how things progress for you.

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. So you’re doing 6hrs of bright “white” in the am, 6hr rest, and then 6 hrs of blues, 6 hr rest each day. Definitely interested to see how things progress for you.
Yup! thats correct. The morning "Bright White" is all levels at 100% so they are actually getting full spectrum, UV, Violet, RB, Blue, Red, Green, White. Then at night they are getting 100% UV, Violet, RB, Blue. So far so good!

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nearly a month of doing the dual schedule....so far so great!! my corals are loving it. growth has been quick enough i'm noticing it on a daily basis and my PE which was never great, is now fantastic!!

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19647.jpeg

"How come my fish friends never talk back??"

Labor day FTS

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you need more zoas though!!!
Couldn't agree more!!! My LFS had a big blowout sale a few weeks back and I was on a mission to get some zoas and they didnt have anything worthwhile. lots of aptasia or GHA on the plugs-blah. Definitely in need of some!!

kjbrooks71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best of luck with it!! im due for some updated pics. ill have to grab some this weekend with the SLR
I have a question about how setup everything in the cabinet, did you make a custom piece to attach cords and whatnot? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
kdino

kdino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the same tank too. The tank is home, but waiting on the stand. What return pump are you using?
I ended up going with the sicce 5.0, been working well, not controllable, but works weell none the less

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I'm also excited to start dosing more regularly. Santa brought me a Neptune Trident that I'll connect with the DOS that has been sitting in the basement because I haven't had the time to do the testing as regularly as I should before I start auto dosing. Hopefully the Trident will help with this.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 123 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back