Info on Annularis and Chrysurus Angels

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, it’s been a while since I last posted. My fish have all returned to the DT disease free and my QT is up and running for its next resident. I heard from a local supplier that he’s going to have a shipment of Chrysurus angels coming. I already have an established 5” Annularis, it doesn’t get aggrssive like all the chasing but would stand its ground nonetheless. I’m thinking of adding a smaller 3”:Chrysurus so that it “flies under the radar”. I haven’t really found much info on these two angels except that they are quite docile, but then again, these are angelfish we are talking about. Appreciate the inputs!

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chrysurus angel, blueface, majestic, emp, little queen, goldflake and flagfin together in my 265... The chrysus can hold its own and annularis are usually more docile like majestic.... How big is your tank?

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chrysurus angel, blueface, majestic, emp, little queen, goldflake and flagfin together in my 265... The chrysus can hold its own and annularis are usually more docile like majestic.... How big is your tank?

I have an 8x2x2 240gal display. Currently it inly houses an Annularis, Majestic Foxface, Mustard Tang, PBT, PT, HYT, and Regal Tang

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your probably fine but, Use an acclimation box. I think they are really important for introducing fish to established benthic feeders. They also allow you to gauge aggression and pull out the new fish should it not go well.

saltyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My annularis is the boss of my tank. Bullies anything it's size or bigger. Even my rabbit fish. Since the new fish is smaller and your annularis isn't really that big yet, you should be fine.

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your probably fine but, Use an acclimation box. I think they are really important for introducing fish to established benthic feeders. They also allow you to gauge aggression and pull out the new fish should it not go well.

Will do. I’ll also do the mirror trick. Works well on my PBT. LOL

OP
OP
M

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My annularis is the boss of my tank. Bullies anything it's size or bigger. Even my rabbit fish. Since the new fish is smaller and your annularis isn't really that big yet, you should be fine.
I have a foxface who’s the same size, doesn’t bother him except that the Annularis sometimes gets “irritated” with the foxface and would just scare him, other than that, no chasing happens.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back