OP
OP
D

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have zero ammonia and zero nitrites. So I guess I’m done with the cycle. I didn’t test nitrates today, because I had more than 4 ppm over the weekend. And the Redsea test only goes up to 4ppm. I am planning a big water change to get rid of all that nitrate and when it’s empty I can move the tank forward so the bracket for the lights will fit.

OP
OP
D

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The test kit I have only measures Nitrate up to 4 ppm. I was curious how high it really went so I went to the LFS and had them test my water. Looks like my Alk and Calc need to come up alittle. But I have no corals at this time so not so worried. My nitrate was 6. So officially cycled my tank.

670F4886-634A-484F-85C8-E85639F4D5E1.jpeg

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s day 13 of my cycle. I’m noticing a snot like material in my sump and my rock. Any ideas what it is?

E8830980-1892-403A-9057-36A5531E08AF.jpeg 28BEDF31-FF0A-4759-BC05-98EDC01927F7.jpeg
Access bacterial slime. Not exactly a bacterial outbreak but some extra growth.

Which bacterial product did you use?

Mr. Fishy Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The test kit I have only measures Nitrate up to 4 ppm. I was curious how high it really went so I went to the LFS and had them test my water. Looks like my Alk and Calc need to come up alittle. But I have no corals at this time so not so worried. My nitrate was 6. So officially cycled my tank.

670F4886-634A-484F-85C8-E85639F4D5E1.jpeg

Hey, what is that gadget? It seems useful. Also, I love the plumbing and the scape.

OP
OP
D

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, what is that gadget? It seems useful. Also, I love the plumbing and the scape.
I took the water to my LFS and they have a machine that automatically tests the water and displays it on the screen. I just took a pic. I’m not sure what the name is. I will try to get the name next time I go. Thanks for the positive feed back in the plumbing and scape. It was my first time doing plumbing.

Mr. Fishy Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the water to my LFS and they have a machine that automatically tests the water and displays it on the screen. I just took a pic. I’m not sure what the name is. I will try to get the name next time I go. Thanks for the positive feed back in the plumbing and scape. It was my first time doing plumbing.

Please do. You're a natural at both bud and no problem :)

airmotive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just discovered your thread.
I’m in the finishing stages of an IM 150 INT build and, like yours, it will be Kessil lit. (Albeit with 4 360s). The Kessil goosenecks were okay on my last tank (Deep Blue rimless 70), but they were a massive pain with the euro braced INT design. I ended up ordering extruded aluminum profiles (similar to what the IM stand is made of) and constructing a fixture that attaches to the back of the stand. I know this information is a bit too late, since you already drained the tank.

80/20 is the name of the aluminum extrusion company in case anyone wants to go this route. When I finally get around to making a build thread, I’ll post details.

OP
OP
D

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just discovered your thread.
I’m in the finishing stages of an IM 150 INT build and, like yours, it will be Kessil lit. (Albeit with 4 360s). The Kessil goosenecks were okay on my last tank (Deep Blue rimless 70), but they were a massive pain with the euro braced INT design. I ended up ordering extruded aluminum profiles (similar to what the IM stand is made of) and constructing a fixture that attaches to the back of the stand. I know this information is a bit too late, since you already drained the tank.

80/20 is the name of the aluminum extrusion company in case anyone wants to go this route. When I finally get around to making a build thread, I’ll post details.
Thanks for the input. I had already bought the mounting arms. So buying a different mounting system would probably been more work than draining the tank. Looking forward to your build thread

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back