LexiconDevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp… it’s been just about a year since I’ve set up my first reef tank, and like many others, I found myself looking to upsize the tank.

Through this past year, I’ve definitely made plenty of mistakes and certainly felt at times that this maybe wasn’t the hobby for me, but I seriously can’t help myself… the fact that I have my own miniature ocean ecosystem in my living room is just so dang cool. I think that the most precious piece of advice that I could personally give to anybody setting up a reef tank for the first time is that you’re taking care of the water quality and parameters more then you are the livestock. Anyways, enough jibber jabber.

This time around I wanted something rimless, long, and shallow. The tank I did get was the one I had originally been on the hunt for but for some reason being in Canada, they were pretty hard to find and are usually ridiculously expensive. I was going to settle for one of their 25 lagoons, but one of the 30 longs popped up on Facebook for a really good price and came with the stand.

Fast forward two months since I initially bought the tank and I have finally got it set up and cycling. For now I’m only going to have one prime set up for the next month or two because I only have a duncan and some zoas that are coming from my old system, so I won’t need too much light yet. Besides, I figured I could maybe save a dollar and hold out till Black Friday.

As far as keeping up with posting on this thread, I’ll try my best to keep up with it. I’m pretty busy between working overnights and studying university.

Equipment I’m running as of right now
(ATO is still being used on my old tank until I take it down)

Innovative Marine 30L
Innovative Marine Maxijet Return Pump
Marine Pure Bio Balls 1.5”
Filter Floss
Eheim Jager 100W Heater - controlled by InkBird Wifi heater controller
AI Prime 16 HD Reef W/ Flex Arm Mount
Jebao sw40 Wavemaker
Tunze Osmolator ATO
CaribSea OceanDirect sand
CaribSea dry rock
Fritz RPM salt mix

Any tips on wire management would be greatly appreciated! Im trying to do my best with keeping things safe and organized.
0C56FAF9-5155-4C71-8BA3-9B79FDEA7C69.jpeg
A071A4D4-3F44-4965-A849-112F1DD2751A.jpeg

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The IM 30L is a fantastic system, I’ve had mine for years. I love how easy it is to spot feed my cleaner shrimp, and do basic maintenance. Great acquisition, you’ll love it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back