Intro Thread

GoodVybes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I am new to reef tanks and local to the Pittsburgh, PA area so thought this might be a good place to stop by. I'm interested in getting back into the hobby after about a 20 year hiatus from FW/SW fish-only tanks. I recently started a build thread in the Member Tanks forum, and hoping you won't mind me posting a link here in case you were interested in offering advice, watching the progress, or just chatting about the build. Been working on getting the basic equipment over the past six months, and Black Friday gave me an opportunity to finish off my initial list and finally get started.

There is a lot of new info out there since last I tried this, so definitely curious to hear everyone's stories! Thanks.

Link: GoodVybes's 90G RR with Triton Sump

OP
OP
GoodVybes

GoodVybes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

You have found one of the best forums to share your tank, and a great place to learn. If it wasn't for R2R and a majority of members, I'd be lost in this hobby.
That is great to hear. I've been lurking on R2R for a month or so, and already found solutions to a number of problems I struggled with years ago.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club forums. I looked over your build thread. I know Jeff told me about that sump leaking. It was my old boss at The Reef Gallery who had gotten Max that sump and skimmer. He later upgraded the size and hence how Jeff got those pieces. That is an awesome skimmer.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome59.jpg

OP
OP
GoodVybes

GoodVybes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club forums. I looked over your build thread. I know Jeff told me about that sump leaking. It was my old boss at The Reef Gallery who had gotten Max that sump and skimmer. He later upgraded the size and hence how Jeff got those pieces. That is an awesome skimmer.
Hi Jaime! Jeff is the one who recommended I post the build thread here. He figured I'd get some quality advice :) Funny to hear the story of the sump/skimmer. Small world. I thanked Jeff for unknowingly holding on to them for me while I got my funds together! I'm looking forward to putting it all to good use! I have plans to visit The Reef Gallery soon. Maybe hit ShuBrew while i'm up that way, too!

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jaime! Jeff is the one who recommended I post the build thread here. He figured I'd get some quality advice :) Funny to hear the story of the sump/skimmer. Small world. I thanked Jeff for unknowingly holding on to them for me while I got my funds together! I'm looking forward to putting it all to good use! I have plans to visit The Reef Gallery soon. Maybe hit ShuBrew while i'm up that way, too!

ShuBrew is literally right up the street. My buddy @Gregorjw loves that place. The family that owns the Giant Eagle in Cranberry are club members and have a great beer selection as well.

OP
OP
GoodVybes

GoodVybes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ShuBrew is literally right up the street. My buddy @Gregorjw loves that place. The family that owns the Giant Eagle in Cranberry are club members and have a great beer selection as well.
Jaime- It was great to meet you Saturday. You have an awesome looking shop! Thanks again for the bacteria booster. You got me motivated enough to dry-fit all the plumbing on my tank over the weekend, with hopes getting water in the tank within the next two or three weeks. I updated my build thread with the plumbing effort, and would love to get some feedback before I glue everything together. I'm also trying to decide how to aquascape the tank. Leaning towards MarcoRocks, but that decision will probably have to wait until after the holidays.

In any case, happy holidays and I look forward to stopping up again.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back