Is an FX-2 filter too much for a 40 breeder?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CamoFan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CamoFan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2022
Messages
332
Reaction score
201
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of going to an FX-2 since I’m planning on going to a 75 soon and would like a bigger filter. Currently running a 407 so would the FX-2 be too much even if I reduced the flow?
 
I wouldn't bother buying a cannister. They are recirculating garbage bins that are difficult to thoroughly clean frequently. You'd be better off with a HOB filter or a sump
 
I wouldn't bother buying a cannister. They are recirculating garbage bins that are difficult to thoroughly clean frequently. You'd be better off with a HOB filter or a sump
Unfortunately, space is an issue being as I’m in an apartment, so I couldn’t do a sump. I’ve been running a canister filter now for about as long as I’ve had the tank and it’s been fairly successful. I’ve been thinking of running a HOB as a surface filter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new