Is my flow too weak or ok?

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2021
Messages
3,714
Reaction score
4,416
Location
centerton AR
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping you all could offer your opinions on if my flow is too weak or not by looking at the polyps. I know the tank looks new for acros, because honestly it is. They all came out of a smaller tank that was up and running for a couple of years. The rock that most of these frags are on is new dry rock.

I am using 4 gyre pumps for flow and I’ve been trying to find the best settings I can for a mixed reef.

6EC6174B-BD1D-4735-B944-95B354081956.jpeg
 
I was hoping you all could offer your opinions on if my flow is too weak or not by looking at the polyps. I know the tank looks new for acros, because honestly it is. They all came out of a smaller tank that was up and running for a couple of years. The rock that most of these frags are on is new dry rock.

I am using 4 gyre pumps for flow and I’ve been trying to find the best settings I can for a mixed reef.

6EC6174B-BD1D-4735-B944-95B354081956.jpeg

Looks good. If you want, you can bump up another 5%. Your goal is to get flow to keep sediment off them and deliver food in the process.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new