Is my lobo damaged?

Ozelaf44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
I was wondering if I can get some help, my lobos teeth keep on showing daily, but at night they return to being full. Is there something wrong with him.
image.jpg
image.jpg

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lobos are a little tough to assess sometimes.

That said, it looks like the beginning of some tissue recession, imo. Have you noticed that spot getting any larger? Did it look like that when you got it?

OP
OP
Ozelaf44

Ozelaf44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lobos are a little tough to assess sometimes.

That said, it looks like the beginning of some tissue recession, imo. Have you noticed that spot getting any larger? Did it look like that when you got it?
It didn’t look like that when I got him, but he’s been in my friends tank for a while before I got my current tank up. Maybe he’s just adjusting slowly. Everytime he’s feeding or his tentacles are out, he looks plump and the recession isn’t there anymore.

BDFB90C4-AC21-4034-BFB1-EBCAF389DA93.jpeg

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didn’t look like that when I got him, but he’s been in my friends tank for a while before I got my current tank up. Maybe he’s just adjusting slowly. Everytime he’s feeding or his tentacles are out, he looks plump and the recession isn’t there anymore.

BDFB90C4-AC21-4034-BFB1-EBCAF389DA93.jpeg

I wish ours would extend its tentacles like that. Ours is either very well fed with stuff floating in the water column, or just not that interested in eating.

OP
OP
Ozelaf44

Ozelaf44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish ours would extend its tentacles like that. Ours is either very well fed with stuff floating in the water column, or just not that interested in eating.
Maybe you could try using the polyplabs polyp booster, my lobo is fairly hardy and always put his tentacles out when he smells food, sometimes when I feed a frozen cube he brings then out lol

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to feed it small but chunky meaty foods like Mysis or small cut pieces of scallop. I nursed a pretty beat up lobo back to health and it’s doing great now. I fed it every other night or every 3rd night until it recovered.

before and after
2BE8811C-B349-45E4-8F11-0C7C7733BCA3.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back