Sushiboy225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a torch coral. It is my first coral and I am trying to do everything right. I acclimated it yesterday through the drip method then used dip and checked all over for eggs and stuck on hitchhikers.

I placed it in the tank and it was closed up. Over night it opened up and is still opening up but the tentacles look weird

Is this normal? The tentacles look half inflated and half deflated or some are either both where the base is inflated and the tip is deflated or reversed. Or the center is deflated and the tip and base are inflated

Is it just getting used to where it is in the tank?

Tank is a 32g biocube

image.jpg

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks normal to me. Some torches for me didn’t open for a week. If this is how it is after 1 day, I’d say it’s doing fine. It needs time to adjust to new water parameters. Monitor it over the next week and see if it needs to be moved to find an optimal spot, but if all good, let it chill where it is until it is okay with your conditions.

OP
OP
S

Sushiboy225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks normal to me. Some torches for me didn’t open for a week. If this is how it is after 1 day, I’d say it’s doing fine. It needs time to adjust to new water parameters. Monitor it over the next week and see if it needs to be moved to find an optimal spot, but if all good, let it chill where it is until it is okay with your conditions.
Thank you that makes me feel better. Yeah this is after about 12 hours being in the tank

Mkvc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just put a new torch in my tank and it originally looked almost identical to yours. After a day, I decided I wasn't happy where I put it and moved it to a higher flow area. Now it's open and flowing like the pictures.

+1 to the poster above, give it time to adjust, and if it doesn't improve in a few days maybe try a new spot

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back