Is the AI Prime right for me?

WhiskeyCoffee

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
534
Reaction score
406
Location
Silverdale, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS let me borrow an open box Current USA Orbit Marine Pro light he had and told me to keep it for a day or two and see if I liked it. He said if I didn't like it he'd recommend an AI Prime for my tank.

Do you guys think the AI Prime would be suitable for a 29g 16" tall tank with a few softies and SPS? It says the spread is 18" which would leave approx 6" on either side of the tank unsuitable for corals.
 
My LFS let me borrow an open box Current USA Orbit Marine Pro light he had and told me to keep it for a day or two and see if I liked it. He said if I didn't like it he'd recommend an AI Prime for my tank.

Do you guys think the AI Prime would be suitable for a 29g 16" tall tank with a few softies and SPS? It says the spread is 18" which would leave approx 6" on either side of the tank unsuitable for corals.

What are the other dimensions of the tank? If you want really good coverage, I recommend 1 Prime per 12" of tank length. The 16" depth is not an issue at all. I had no issues growing various SPS, LPS, leathers etc in a 22" deep tank. However, I followed my own rule of 1 per 12" of tank length. Here's a short video with 5 of the Primes on my 60"

 
It's a 29g, 30" long, 16" tall, 12" deep. Pretty much my choices right now are the Orbit Marine Pro or (1) AI Prime.
 
As nanoman stated, one Prime is not even going to come close to properly covering 30".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new