Is this encrusting cyanobacteria?

I am going to start a thread but this looks very similar to what I have been fighting. I have microscope pics if anyone can help
Identify. As listed above, blowing doesn’t help. When I take out a pump etc it doesn’t really clean with a toothbrush. Have to apply more pressure like a magic eraser.


IMG_8437.jpeg

Seems to have larger cells than what is shown online for most cyano. Any advice is helpful. I hate to use chemicals, bought vibrant on a recommendation from and LFS but read all the posts on here so it is still unopened. @fersann any bad outcomes from using it in yours after some time has passed?
 
I am going to start a thread but this looks very similar to what I have been fighting. I have microscope pics if anyone can help
Identify. As listed above, blowing doesn’t help. When I take out a pump etc it doesn’t really clean with a toothbrush. Have to apply more pressure like a magic eraser.


IMG_8437.jpeg

Seems to have larger cells than what is shown online for most cyano. Any advice is helpful. I hate to use chemicals, bought vibrant on a recommendation from and LFS but read all the posts on here so it is still unopened. @fersann any bad outcomes from using it in yours after some time has passed?
Looks like a red algae.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new