Is this flat worm??? Or normal

Scaggs1117

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2023
Messages
193
Reaction score
39
Location
Queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching my nassarius snails move when I put food in the tank, and it looks like some of them have a browish yellow flake like thing attached to their tails.. is that normal anatomy? Or is that a flatworm or other parasite and how Do I go about it? Thanks fellas I attached videos
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5830.mov
    17.9 MB
  • IMG_5831.mov
    37.3 MB
I was watching my nassarius snails move when I put food in the tank, and it looks like some of them have a browish yellow flake like thing attached to their tails.. is that normal anatomy? Or is that a flatworm or other parasite and how Do I go about it? Thanks fellas I attached videos

Yes - that is the snail's operculum. If they are attacked, or are out of the water, that closes over the snails opening to protect the animal inside of the shell.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/nassarius-snail-help.980068/
 
Typical of this snail which are nassarius snails
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new