Issues with VarioS 6S (Skimmer) Pump Controller

awais98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this VarioS skimmer controller and have been having issues with this for the past few months.
If for whatever reason the power supply is cut to the skimmer and when it comes back on the controller does not switch on on itself And the schemer stays off. I always have to remove the power supply from the controller itself and re-insert it before the lights comes back on the controller and then the skimmer Starts working.

I have it plugged in the apex controller and as you all know is gfci. And for Any reason it the power cycles, that’s it my skimmer controller won’t work. I tried to put in the 1-10v plug in pin controller and control it that way via apex. But the original problem persists, I.e. the controller stays without power until I unplug the power from the bottom and re insert it in.
It’s kinda frustrating, skimmer remains off half the time. And the pH variation. Killing my corals.
Any one any suggestions?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, now I have no idea where he is or what he charges BUT--
There is a fellow on YouTube, Fix Reef, he repairs all things electrical for reef tanks.
I have seen him work on a Varios pump controller along with lighting & Neptune stuff.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back