OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read through this, and I wonder if it was my Aiptasia jar you saw. If so, awesome. If not, still awesome as I thought I would be the only one that supported the "Aiptasia Lives Matter" movement.
Yes yours was the one fed with reef roids right. I think I have a picture of your on page three.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes yours was the one fed with reef roids right. I think I have a picture of your on page three.
Crap. I missed that. lol. That is my jar lol. I am thinking of getting a non-tempered one, drilling it and trying to make a small canister filter from something. Every day water changes are not much, but still take time lol.

Blasto Pala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to try something new and easy and I saw someone keeping an aptaisa in a jar. So I started one got an aptaisa a few pieces of live rock and sand and some chaeto with pods in a jar.
So far the inhabitants are
  • aiptasia
  • amphipods
  • isopods
  • flatworms
  • tisbe pods

I am wondering what else I could put in there.
In theory all I should have to add to the system is a pellet or two a day light and a little bubbler.
Pictures are coming soon:)
Following as well. This the second aiptasia jar I am seeing in about a week. If Aiptasia is easy to find locally please advise me on where to look you may have a third jar to look at from Kenya.

OP
OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool
Thanks.
Following as well. This the second aiptasia jar I am seeing in about a week. If Aiptasia is easy to find locally please advise me on where to look you may have a third jar to look at from Kenya.
Aiptasias are very common and are usually hitchhiker pest. They will easily overtake your aquarium. That is why I put them in a jar.

OP
OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news the asterina starfish split last week and I have pictures of both halves.
1569268189421.png
1569268213796.png

Also a fun side note we grew water melon for the first time this year and we have a big one. :D
1569268310672.png

OP
OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the tank got covered in film algae and all the snails died in there so I put the rocks and sand in a new jar. No sings of living creatures yet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back