Jawfish and eel share burrow. Video

Perpetual Novice

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2019
Messages
423
Reaction score
318
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if this is a common occurrence but I noticed my white ribbon eel and pearly Jawfish sharing a burrow today. They seem to be very comfortable living together. Below is a short video I took. Sorry the tank is not looking it’s cleanest at the moment.

 
Ha! That's cool! Wouldn't have expected that
 
Nice, my dusky jawfish and ribbon eel have been sharing a burrow lately too.

CF489373-1242-4CD1-B71D-39C0E43DC3D3.jpeg
 
I don’t know if this is a common occurrence but I noticed my white ribbon eel and pearly Jawfish sharing a burrow today. They seem to be very comfortable living together. Below is a short video I took. Sorry the tank is not looking it’s cleanest at the moment.


What is that yellow thing? Anemone?
I thought it was a giant sun coral first!
 
That is very cool. I would have thought that the jawfish would be eaten, but perhaps it's too big at the moment?
 
What is that yellow thing? Anemone?
I thought it was a giant sun coral first!

It's a dendro. Its non-photosynthetic but regularly captures enough food from when I feed the tank that I don't often specifically target it with food. Honestly not my first choice in coral but it's my girlfriend's favorite and she insisted on getting one. its been happy for the 3 months we've had it so far.
 
It's a dendro. Its non-photosynthetic but regularly captures enough food from when I feed the tank that I don't often specifically target it with food. Honestly not my first choice in coral but it's my girlfriend's favorite and she insisted on getting one. its been happy for the 3 months we've had it so far.
I like it! I didn't know they get so big!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new