OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice is that a Potters Angel? Does it nip?

Yeah the potters is a nipper. He doesn't sit there and go at one piece nonstop, just makes his rounds and nips at everything a few times and moves on. He really liked my brains so I had to move them to my 65g this wekk. There's a potters in there as well so we'll see how the brains do in there. All my angels nip at everything with PE.

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks coming from someone with an awesome collection himself:tongue:
Wife tells me she is going to put me on the hoarders TV program, only its for fish stuff! :xd:

firereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice dims and great choice on choosing the rimless route. More modern and a cleaner look for sure. Great job and keep the pics coming!!

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much Fire

purple polyp Birdsnest
DSC06441.jpg

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally took my skimmer apart to clean it. This is pretty much the only reason I replaced the K2. If the K2 would have come apart to clean everything I probably would have kept it, but I love the ATB I now have. With this being the first time I have ever owned a skimmer like this, its amazing just how many pieces it brakes down to thoroughly clean it. After being put back together and being in the tank for about 10min the collection cup already had a wall a foam without having the need to slime up first. Impressive!
DSC07109.jpg

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of many new additions added to the tank this month:wink:

Bloodshot
DSC07118.jpg

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Perry. I can't wait for them to grow out so I can see what a colony actually looks like.

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my order of new fish yesterday. I ordered 3 potters wrasse's and 1 female flame wrasse to join the ones I already have. With them being wrasses I didnt QT them, and never QT wrasses for that matter after close inspection for several reasons. After acclimating them and putting them in the DT, about an hour after being buried in the sand, they came out to join the rest of my fish. No fighting whatsoever from the other fish. Mixed up some frozen mysis, brine, roe, garlic, and selcon for them to eat then added that in. Everyone of the new fish is already eating the frozen mixture, so that makes feeding them pretty easy. Now I just have to get them to eat pellets like all my other wrasses so I don't have to feed frozen foods heavy all the time.

The new potters wrasse are much more colorful. I never noticed how much color my other potters wrasse has lost! One of the new ones even has an orange-ish hue to its head outlined in red, while the others are a bright yellow. Possible Male?

All 4 of them swimming together (Red head top right). You can see the one I have had for 2+yrs now and is not as brightly colored, although still just as beautiful.
Sorry for the pics. I took them while they were feeding
DSC07160.jpg

Eating Frozen foods
DSC07155.jpg

DSC07181.jpg

DSC07184.jpg

New female flame
DSC07179.jpg

Male wrasse coming to check her out
DSC07180.jpg

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is going to be fantastic if you can keep all 4 happy. I love the potters leopard. I've had mine for quite some time now .

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope I can keep them happy Brad. They are my favorite of the wrasse family. 2 yrs ago I ordered 4 potter wrasses. They came in looking great and were out swimming around as a group once introduced to my tank. Sadly, the very next day 3 of them were gone and only 1 remained (the one I still have). Very sensitive fish no matter what precautions you take, so this week will be the ultimate test.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 100% IMO Leopards and anampses wrasses are the most sensitive, and I think shipping has a lot to do with it.
But if you got them from Dan, your percentages just went way up. :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know who Dan is. I got them from P.I.A. They came in packed very nice and snug.
I also got them to eat pellets today while feeding them the frozen slurry, so that makes me very happy! The female flame wrasse is already taking to the males side and he's constantly flaring up at her. I think they are all happy = )

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know who Dan is. I got them from P.I.A. They came in packed very nice and snug.
I also got them to eat pellets today while feeding them the frozen slurry, so that makes me very happy! The female flame wrasse is already taking to the males side and he's constantly flaring up at her. I think they are all happy = )

That's Dan (DJ) as I used to call him. Lol I guess he doesn't go by that anymore. He is co-owner of P.I.A.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope I can keep them happy Brad. They are my favorite of the wrasse family. 2 yrs ago I ordered 4 potter wrasses. They came in looking great and were out swimming around as a group once introduced to my tank. Sadly, the very next day 3 of them were gone and only 1 remained (the one I still have). Very sensitive fish no matter what precautions you take, so this week will be the ultimate test.
good luck man. they look awesome! keep us posted. :)

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 30 16.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 50.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back