Jcr's 95g Rimless

lars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! this should be a great setup. looking forward to the end.one question, i'm thinking of taking my whole wall also form side to side and was thinking of removing the carpet from under the stand. i can't tell if you did so. is it even nessasry?

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! this should be a great setup. looking forward to the end.one question, i'm thinking of taking my whole wall also form side to side and was thinking of removing the carpet from under the stand. i can't tell if you did so. is it even nessasry?

I thought about removing it to install tile under the stand and coming out front 2' but never did. I pretty much just stood on the framing while I built it to keep pressure on it. I then shimmed the front of the stand up to make it level. It worked out perfectly. The back of the stand is attached to the wall, so I shouldn't have to worry about that. Hope your build goes well

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand looks great! I've been through tank moves all to many times... best of luck with the transfer!

Goobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one beautiful stand! I can't wait to see it all done up. Do you plan on painting or staining?

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good man. Are you going paint grade this time around on the stand and the shelving?
Thanks. The whole thing is painted the same color as the walls to make it look built in.

The stand looks great! I've been through tank moves all to many times... best of luck with the transfer!
Thanks. So you know exactly how much of a PITA it all is! lol

That is one beautiful stand! I can't wait to see it all done up. Do you plan on painting or staining?
Thanks. Its all been painted. I hate painting wood, but it looks nice to have it match the rest of the house, as if it belongs there.

Sorry I haven't been updating as I've been moving along. Time is usually my enemy when it comes to enjoying the summer months. The tank is up and running with all the livestock back in place, and the new LED lights are hung. The stand is almost complete. I still need to build something custom where the doors usually go on the front, plus it needs to be able to slide out to access all the wires that are hidden and run under the stand. I will try to post pics up tomorrow so everyone can see the progress.

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC07793.jpg

DSC07794.jpg

DSC07795.jpg

Last edited:

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good josh. Give me a buzz sometime. phone lost your #

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks GR808.

Mojo- I'll try to get a hold of you tonight pending what time the TinCaps game is over with.

AD87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nicely done!
How are you liking your leds from luke? What mh bulb can you compare the led colors to?

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks AD87. There really is no comparison for color IMO. The LEDs are much dimmer than the MH bulbs, and MH bulbs cover a broad band of light spectrum compared to LEDs. The tank looks like its not receiving enough light when in fact LEDs are more powerful than MH's. I like the color of MHs more but these 20ks aren't too far off from the pheonix bulbs I used.

AD87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the response. Can you get some top down shots and more pics of the corals?

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. Can you get some top down shots and more pics of the corals?
I'll try once I get some once my livestock bounces back. Corals are still adjusting from the move, tank switches, and new lights. Lots of stress on all the live stock for the past few months, but things look to be turning around now. Hopefully the corals Polyp extension and growth returns soon.

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All decorated for the holiday's. As long as the wife is happy, I'm happy. Still need to add finishing touches to the stand yet but haven't decided exactly what I want yet for the finished look. Do I want doors on the front or a removable box shelf insert, or do I want to take a chance and put a nice electric fireplace under it? lol. I tried to get some close up pics of some of the livestock but the LEDs are making it quiet difficult to do so and the camera isn't focusing right.

DSC08422.jpg

DSC08422.jpg

DSC08425.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really hard piece to take a picture of. Its much brighter and better looking in person.
DSC08424.jpg

OP
OP
Jcr's Reef

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Lobo. It sits in the shade down low in the middle of the tank

DSC08438.jpg

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back