robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you don't have the "off" brown wire connected to anything, you don't need it. Do you have Rx going to SCL and Tx to SDA? You should also power with +3.3v so the SCL/SDA will be the same and safe for Pi.

If you run i2cdetect -y 1 do you see 63 in the list it prints out?

In reef-pi you need to create a new driver, use ezoPh with address 99. Then go to "admin" tab and press "reload" button, then go to "connectors" tab and scroll to the bottom analog section. Create a new analog connector using the pH driver you created and pin 0, should be the only pin. Then go back to "admin" tab, press reload again and you can add to the pH tab.

OP
OP
JeremyKnight

JeremyKnight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you don't have the "off" brown wire connected to anything, you don't need it. Do you have Rx going to SCL and Tx to SDA? You should also power with +3.3v so the SCL/SDA will be the same and safe for Pi.

If you run i2cdetect -y 1 do you see 63 in the list it prints out?

In reef-pi you need to create a new driver, use ezoPh with address 99. Then go to "admin" tab and press "reload" button, then go to "connectors" tab and scroll to the bottom analog section. Create a new analog connector using the pH driver you created and pin 0, should be the only pin. Then go back to "admin" tab, press reload again and you can add to the pH tab.
Thank you

OP
OP
JeremyKnight

JeremyKnight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robsworld78

I’m getting this error message.... if you don’t mind letting me know what I messed up? I changed the ph voltage to 3.3v and removed the off wire like you suggested.

4B49DC60-AD37-4344-A1CC-73B9563D0A94.jpeg
4B49DC60-AD37-4344-A1CC-73B9563D0A94.jpeg
542FB758-02C2-48C4-BCE3-BAD11294C7AE.jpeg
A56EBAFB-7BB6-4150-9AC0-5B8B08DD87D1.jpeg
703326C1-943B-4B11-A4FF-3CDD5D8E95F3.jpeg

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that error is saying it can't find the sensor for the chart. When you delete something you need to remove anything pointed to it first such as charts. Because you deleted the pH the dashboard chart is looking for the sensor you deleted, not the new one you added. Delete the chart from dashboard and save, then add it back and it should work. If you expand the pH tab you should see a data chart there that will verify its working, looks like it is.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input!

I am however stuck. Do I need to build the ph bread board if I have the atlas scientific isolated carrier board?
you can use the ezo board or opensource board. you need just 4 pins, 5v, gnd, sda and scl

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you see the sensor address in i2cdetect? you have to use atlas scientific library to configure the sensor from uart to i2c mode

OP
OP
JeremyKnight

JeremyKnight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you see the sensor address in i2cdetect? you have to use atlas scientific library to configure the sensor from uart to i2c mode
Ah I dod not do any of that configuration stuff... makes sense on the errors. I’ll work on that this week and check back. Thank you again

sfgabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I dod not do any of that configuration stuff... makes sense on the errors. I’ll work on that this week and check back. Thank you again
You may have done this already but I had a heck of a time finding info so I'll put it here. For that new Atlas setup you need to take the small pH board off the carrier board and short it the right way so the pi recognizes it as i2c, then you can put it back on the carrier board and it will start working. Info is here: https://www.instructables.com/UART-AND-I2C-MODE-SWITCHING-FOR-ATLAS-SCIENTIFIC-E/

Once I flashed it, it was recognised right away when I ran i2cdetect and was found in reef-pi but it took a day of internet sleuthing to find that info.

FSCSEBKJV77J726.png

OP
OP
JeremyKnight

JeremyKnight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef controller has been up and running now for about 6 months. I’m looking to add some things to it. Is there a way to monitor the calcium with the pi?

OP
OP
JeremyKnight

JeremyKnight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an idea for a “random flow generator” and controlling it with the reef pi. I’m thinking about booking up a continuous dc pump to a 4 port manifold. Each port on the manifold would have a 1/2” normally closed solenoid valve on it. Basically the Pi would turn on one valve every five minutes while the other three would be off. Or have two on two off. The pipes would come into the top of the tank on each corner and have some flexlock fittings to point the flow. Is this something that can have a macro code for a random pattern or Is there another way to control the valves?

OP
OP
JeremyKnight

JeremyKnight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking into hacking up a jebao controller and using the lighting controller to run a dc pump. I got some interesting information from robo tank guy, Rob about it. Using the power ground from the dongle and the control voltage from the pi. Ramping the pump up and down to create various flow with a closed loop system. Eventually using this on my new display tank build, having two of these pumps running two closed loop systems in a 300 gallon. That’s the plan anyway.

any advice on programming?

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking into hacking up a jebao controller and using the lighting controller to run a dc pump. I got some interesting information from robo tank guy, Rob about it. Using the power ground from the dongle and the control voltage from the pi. Ramping the pump up and down to create various flow with a closed loop system. Eventually using this on my new display tank build, having two of these pumps running two closed loop systems in a 300 gallon. That’s the plan anyway.

any advice on programming?
Looks like two new light modes were added, random and sine, you might want to try them. Either way I think you need to use light modes, if you use the interval you can ramp up and down through the day.

OP
OP
JeremyKnight

JeremyKnight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to build a kalkwasser stirrer and have it control a 4 wire12v pwm computer case fan. I have some magnets on the fan and a stir bar in the container. My question is can I control this fan using one of the pwm pins on the pi. And how would I configure it in reefpi? Would I use the lighting controller? I only need the fan on for a minute once a day.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to build a kalkwasser stirrer and have it control a 4 wire12v pwm computer case fan. I have some magnets on the fan and a stir bar in the container. My question is can I control this fan using one of the pwm pins on the pi. And how would I configure it in reefpi? Would I use the lighting controller? I only need the fan on for a minute once a day.
Yeah if the fan has a PWM wire you can connect it directly to a PWM output. The Pi has 2 pins capable, here's an image showing which ones, I believe 18 and 19 are default.

You would need to use the lighting or dosing module to control the pin and define the pin as a "Jack" connector.

OP
OP
JeremyKnight

JeremyKnight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back