JF Homewrecker Grow Out Thread!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How long have you had yours before it reached that size?
This frag was pretty small and lost all of its color in the beginning. With in the last month or two is when is when it really turned around. I bet yours starts shining soon.

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I chopped garza's in the middle of May this year. It was about 1/4 inch big. Mine was the middle piece of three cuts. Just a tiny thing. So it has grown faster than I thought!!

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me get the guys at fish2morrow to get an updated shot of the colony, we fraged it once, one piece went back to me, as I gave them my original piece to grow in their show tank so everyone can see its progression, the other piece went back in the tank. The reasoning behind this, was we knew everyone will be fraging this coral as fast as they can, so we want one to grow unmolested, so every one can see a large colony of it grown out. They moved both pieces into higher light, and the pinks have for sure improved! High light brings out the pinks for sure. As soon as I get an updated pic I will post it!

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have not gotten a shot of the main colony yet, however I found a pic. they have a nice frag of it listed on their website. You can see the pink is really starting to come in now that it is under high light. And FYI, I am not affiliated with them in anyway. Just a customer.
IMG_0210.PNG

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0212.JPG
Ok guys, just got the updated pic of the hw. It was fragged twice since I got it. One piece was given back to me, which I will show you once the color returns and it looks like something worth getting a photo of. The other piece, is the one in the wysiwyg photo above. Even with being fragged, I must say it is starting to look really good!! This photo was taken today, I will try to post another in a month if you guys help remind me!!

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those wondering, this was shot in full daylight setting. 400w radiums with supplemental lighting from AI leds, the newest model.

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you selling frags any time soon?
I am what is known as a trade master, lol, I don't sell anything, I just trade allot! However, that being said, if you look above at my post earlier, that big frag I think is still for sale that was on the f2m website. It looked to have three nubs on it!!

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!!! I love to hear about people growing these "high end" coral out into colonies. Kudos to you.

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!!! I love to hear about people growing these "high end" coral out into colonies. Kudos to you.
Thanks! It is really starting to become a stunner! One of the better highly touted acros I have seen in awhile. The pictures do not give it enough justice.

Back