John’s 8g Pico Cube

Update: 2/12/18
This update has been long over due but here it finally is. My blue leg hermit molted while I was asleep and I found his exoskeleton sitting on a rock and thought it was his dead body. Luckily it was just his molt and I quickly removed it so it wouldn’t pollute the tank. I went to a local reefers place to check out his tank and I ended up leaving with a few frags he gave me for free, which was super awesome. It was one plug of GSP and one plug of some type of Zoas. I acclimated them and then placed them on the sand bed. After that I ordered a Frag rack which arrived a few days later. I placed these two frags in there which looked pretty sleek. The Zoas pretty much all opened but the gsp only had a few polyps open. Everything has been pretty stable so far:)

Acclimation process
B0BBEA0B-F661-4C41-BEFD-E1A4D42E93D6.jpeg


Zoas on plug
68BCD704-B573-45F6-A563-089A1EB4B606.jpeg


GSP on plug
C3FFDD11-C0DE-49E4-8761-EFC453411A1E.jpeg


Plugs on the new frag rack (I used an orange camera filter for this color under blue light)
740FB529-5698-4BA2-94A6-131B02B02E81.jpeg
 
Here’s the update video that goes with the last post, enjoy!
 
Leave a like if you enjoy!

 
That's a neat nano tank. Good luck to school.
 
Large update! Been gone for a while

 
And here’s the next one!

 


Here is the latest update!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new