OP
OP
Jterrell

Jterrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a bummer about the leak in the filter wall. Hopefully it can be swapped out quickly.

Yeah we will see. I was already to far into the swap to let it stop me. My sand bed in the old tank had already been disturbed. Not an ideal situation but I am continuing on with the swap. I took pictures of water level inside the chambers and the DT and will be emailing them to Innovative Marine.

Meldrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using your media baskets in the overflow chambers and the media reactor/skimmer on the inner chambers nearest the return chamber?

Looking to enhance the filtration on my own 50 lagoon and was inspired by your pics.

OP
OP
Jterrell

Jterrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Intank baskets in each chamber at the ends of the tank. Media reactor and skimmer in the chambers next to the return. Skimmer was a tight fit but is working well.

OP
OP
Jterrell

Jterrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Have to see how well your filtration system works as you move forward.

I have the Tunze 9004 and it wont fit except for the outer chambers which is frustrating. :(

I wanted that skimmer but read that it wouldn't fit other than in the outer chambers so I opted for the cadlights. I will keep you updated on the progress. Hoping it'll go well. I ran a sump system before so time will tell if I think the swap was worth it.

OP
OP
Jterrell

Jterrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank and everything setup. Old system transferred over. Not a fan of the look at the moment because I'm using the rock from my old system to seed the new. All fish are doing well. Rock flowers are opened up. Everything has been running for 4 days. I decided to change my sand from fiji pink to reef grade from caribsea. Rinsed the sand really well and had virtually no cloudiness upon startup. I will continue checking parameters over the next few weeks. My plan is to wait around 4 weeks and then remove 1 old rock per week or two until all the old rock has been removed. Of course all of that will depend on my levels. Right now I'm at 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5 nitrate. Only feeding every other day right now and changing filter pads every 2 days. Running rowaphos in a reactor, carbon in the media racks, and the cadlights skimmer. The skimmer was overflowing at first. I removed it and ran it in a gallon pitcher with vinegar and water and then it worked like a champ. Still skimming a little wet and just now starting to get some color. I will adjust it after another few days or so to try and dial it in. Also have the section of the return chamber that is below chambers 2 and 4 packed full of seachem matrix biomedia. I have one of the sections in a single media rack full of matrix as well. Probably overkill but have also been dosing seachem stability and vibrant. Right now I have 6 rock flower anemones, 1 blue chromis, 1 purple firefish, 1 midas blenny, 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 yellow coris wrasse, 1 bangaii cardinal, a few sext shrimp and 1 pistol shrimp. I have already rehomed my GSP, clownfish, lawnmower blenny and diamond goby. I will be rehoming the blue chromis as well. When things settle in I will add a black storm clown and a davinci along with more rock flowers and sexy shrimp. Sorry about the bad quality pics. Will be buying a camera filter soon.

20200123_184820.jpg 20200123_184720.jpg 20200123_184753.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back