Just got in my AI SOL Nano

  • Thread starter Thread starter chestnud
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
cool can't wait to see some pics, I ended up going Sol's and am going to be annoyed with the release the update in a few months that use the XM-L's lol
 
Here are the pics over a solana. The were taken with a iPhone so not the best pics. The light does not spotlight in person but some pictures from the phone may suggest it. I love the light fixture, unfortunately I may have to sell it as I discovered a crack in the bottom of the solana and have upgraded to a 60 cube.
IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg
 
The light was also at 20 white, 25 blue, and 30 royal blue in these pics sou about 1/3 power.
 
I was going to do the same thing, but I have to ask you...... Are you not able to mount the arm of the light from the back of the solana?
 
You can, this was put up quickly to give a reference and I noticed the crack in the corner of the tank so it wouldn't be there long. It still lit the tank very well just was just slightly to the rear and not centered completely. I may have been 3" toward the back from dead center over the tank. Ideally, I would get some acrylic and strengthen the back wall/overflow in the center and attach it there. If you put it there it would line up perfectly over the center of the tank.
 
You can, this was put up quickly to give a reference and I noticed the crack in the corner of the tank so it wouldn't be there long. It still lit the tank very well just was just slightly to the rear and not centered completely. I may have been 3" toward the back from dead center over the tank. Ideally, I would get some acrylic and strengthen the back wall/overflow in the center and attach it there. If you put it there it would line up perfectly over the center of the tank.


But as it stands... The overflow wall would not be strong enough to hold this particular setup right? In your opinion, would you go with the nano or the full size Sol?
 
Correct, the overflow wall is too thin to support the light. I like the nano for its power output and size, it doesn't overpower the tank. When mounting the light on the rear of the tank the light still has good coverage. (I'll take a picture for you). I think under smaller cube tanks this light will do great. I also think the full size AI Sol might look bulky, but I don't know for sure. Also the full size Sol would have to run at a low setting.
 
So for the solana I like the nano, for the 60 which is 24x24 I would use the larger SOL.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new