Just joined r2r

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.........i really haven't had evaporation. The water level has stayed the same.
You will. Just know that salt in the water doesn't evaporate so when you top off just use rodi, don't add salt to it.

For water changes you add salt to match your tanks salinity.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have got it you just don’t see it .if you’ve got lights on your tank it’s evaporating ... but you should be checking your salinity every day .. well I do .. I have a 360 ltr system and I’m adding 4-5 liters a day with my ATO..too keep my salinity at 1.026 or 35ppt

OP
OP
Cheryl’B

Cheryl’B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R , I’m using a fishkam on my reef .. very happy with it .. happy Reefing !!
I like this one a lot. How is the streaming? Is it choppy? In doing some searching I came across ip webcam and can use it using an old phone as the camera and Ivideon app to view with. It worked pretty good at home and I will be setting it up today, the only con I see with it is it’s choppy. The pro is it’s free and easy to setup and use.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ACA60A7B-0586-4AC7-95B6-1F15F4F3E455.jpeg
I like this one a lot. How is the streaming? Is it choppy? In doing some searching I came across ip webcam and can use it using an old phone as the camera and Ivideon app to view with. It worked pretty good at home and I will be setting it up today, the only con I see with it is it’s choppy. The pro is it’s free and easy to setup and use.
It’s great I love it !! You can zoom in , take photos and videos with it .. I can even talk with my girlfriend with it .. the fish eye lens is great .. I’m always watching my tank when I’m at work or away .. I can highly recommend it !! Here’s a photo I just took with it for you !

OP
OP
Cheryl’B

Cheryl’B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ACA60A7B-0586-4AC7-95B6-1F15F4F3E455.jpeg

It’s great I love it !! You can zoom in , take photos and videos with it .. I can even talk with my girlfriend with it .. the fish eye lens is great .. I’m always watching my tank when I’m at work or away .. I can highly recommend it !! Here’s a photo I just took with it for you !
Very cool! Love it. I will def look into it. It’s not pricey at all.

OP
OP
Cheryl’B

Cheryl’B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do when I get to work tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome

Here’s my 13g evo. They LOVE the LRS reef frenzy food. I was worried about scooter but he took to it right away. I know it’s bare, trying to go slow. The empty shells are because I had fighting hermits, which fight no more as the bully changed shells.
AAA07F7E-0668-4D14-9C8A-1EF305D7D4BB.jpeg
919D4BD2-218A-4BC3-AE46-AB0847111303.jpeg

upload_2017-11-5_10-29-16.png

Last edited:

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m picking up some LRS reef frenzy today, and looking into some pods as well. I want my blenny to be a happy fish. If I do things right I want to get a mandarin sometime in the future.

Feeding is my concern with the blenny. I will do all I can.
Highly recommend Algae Barn https://www.algaebarn.com for pods and phytoplankton to feed the pods. Cheers!

Segalplayer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here’s my 13g evo. They LOVE the LRS reef frenzy food. I was worried about scooter but he took to it right away. I know it’s bare, trying to go slow. The empty shells are because I had fighting hermits, which fight no more as the bully changed shells.
AAA07F7E-0668-4D14-9C8A-1EF305D7D4BB.jpeg
919D4BD2-218A-4BC3-AE46-AB0847111303.jpeg

upload_2017-11-5_10-29-16.png

I’d probably get that rock that has all that bubble algae out. It will cover your rocks or get an emerald crab to help eat it and get rid of it before it spreads...

Segalplayer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been working on it with joes juice. Stuff works pretty good. I do a few at a time.

Okay great! It spread in my old 60 quick before I inspect and dip, now I try to take as little of the rock as possible by chiseling down and making sure I dip in coral rx. As far as the bubble algae I would try to remove the algae from the rock if you wanted to keep that rock, if not since we have nanos (I have a 10gallon) we can pretty easily replace a smaller rock. I would replace it with another piece of that purple rock in the left of your pictures and save a headache of it spreading to al the rock

OP
OP
Cheryl’B

Cheryl’B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay great! It spread in my old 60 quick before I inspect and dip, now I try to take as little of the rock as possible by chiseling down and making sure I dip in coral rx. As far as the bubble algae I would try to remove the algae from the rock if you wanted to keep that rock, if not since we have nanos (I have a 10gallon) we can pretty easily replace a smaller rock. I would replace it with another piece of that purple rock in the left of your pictures and save a headache of it spreading to al the rock
Can I move the mushrooms to another rock? And if so how do I do that? Sorry to be so coral illiterate.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back