thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U got a nice rack man ; )

Why thank you kind sir.

The FTS above is now outdated thanks to DFason's setup inspiring me to get rid of the "rock wall" look. My fingers are pruned and the sand is stirred up but I love it! New FTS tomorrow.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated shots from today. I tried to open it up a little bit to get rid of the "wall" or "pile of rocks" look. I asked some non-reefers last night what they thought and for the first time none of them said "well, it's just a pile of rocks, right?" Still not sure what I'm going to do with the branch, so disregard that for now.

I'd really like to hear your guys feedback on the new scape! I see a lot of people are reading the thread!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the new scaping better, more caves. Looks like plenty of top room for nice sps growth. The one thing i know about scaping is leave room on your floor as you always want to add more stuff on the bottom than you originally think.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So vie noticed 10/12 of my astrea snails have died after getting stuck in my marco rocks. lol it's absurd I know but the spaces are just big enough for their shells to get stuck. Anyone have any suggestions on some other snails with a different shell shape that would be good for cleaning the rock??

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the new scape bro,I would lose the tonga branch on the upper left and the one in the back;)But the rest is nice.Any update on the new tank arrival??Where have you been??

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work has been insane and I've been spending so much time on the tank I haven't been on much. Branches in the top are gone, they're down in the sump now. To make a long story short the manufacturer was making it such a pain in the *** to replace the tank I opted to keep it with some money back. They assured me it won't leak and eventually it'll be covered up anyways so whatever I guess.

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trochus are a bit smarter, and their foot is a stronger muscle if they get into a tough spot

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work has been insane and I've been spending so much time on the tank I haven't been on much. Branches in the top are gone, they're down in the sump now. To make a long story short the manufacturer was making it such a pain in the *** to replace the tank I opted to keep it with some money back. They assured me it won't leak and eventually it'll be covered up anyways so whatever I guess.
Work being insane is a good thing right now and working on your tank even better;)I hope the best of luck with the tank.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New scape is ***** dope man. I particularly like the left side with the cave and arch way and then the nice over hang above it.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, planning to put my acans over on that left side under the overhang and down in the sand. I figure once the top starts to get filled in with some SPS it'll look pretty sick.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I need to find a "centerpiece" fish for this tank. I've currently got a clown, cardinal and an orange diamond goby. If you could choose any fish, cost aside, what would it be? Need some suggestions here people!

web.jpg

IntDboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im loving the setup bro.....Very well thought out... That fuge is nice.. I know you told me to look into the SWC skimmer is yours a 120 or 160?

And for fishes how about a pair Hawaiian flame wrasses or a nice Yellow Tang?

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im loving the setup bro.....Very well thought out... That fuge is nice.. I know you told me to look into the SWC skimmer is yours a 120 or 160?

And for fishes how about a pair Hawaiian flame wrasses or a nice Yellow Tang?

I'm actually running the 120 on this one, I'm not planning a HUGE bioload so it should suffice I think.

Man, my gf would love to have a yellow tang, just not sure about putting it in a tank that's only 36" long. I'll have to do some research on the flame wrasses, they look pretty nice!

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juvy Chevron Tang, doesn't get to terribly big and the tank honestly, will it be up 5 years for it to turn ugly?? Or a pair of Rhomboids.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back