thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video on the last page!

Leave a comment! Provide some feedback!

Not going to be a huge upgrade size wise from my current system, but I'm pretty much starting from scratch as far as hardware goes.

Once I actually have the tank in hand (7/2) I'll add a FTS for everyone and try to keep this top post current.

36" x 20" x 20" Leemar Tank (Starphire Glass)
28" x 14" x 18" Advance Acrylics Sump
2 x AI SOL Blue LED Fixtures
Custom Scape from the Alternative Reef

~60lbs AragAlive Sand
ReefKeeper Lite Controller w/ NET, pH, salinity, ATO, the whole 9 yards
Vortech MP40 EcoSMART

FTS 3/25/11:
web.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple shots of one of the LED lights I picked up from Luke33. Will be running 2 over this tank.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Sump is being worked on this week, hope to pick it up from AA this weekend. Tank will arrive on 7/2, super stoked.

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must agree with you on the macro rock.I picked up a few pieces from BAYMAC and they are beautiful:)

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning on lots of acans!

Been playing with the rock the past few days, so hard to avoid the wall look with such a small space to work with!

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are a couple pics of what I've come up with as far as the scape goes. No matter how hard I try, or how many times I rearrange the rock it always ends up looking like a pile. If I break things up a little more I lose space and the tank isn't THAT big so I need as much space for coral as possible, especially up top where I'll be focusing on SPS. Open to any and all suggestions! Have at it!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice sump bro,good to see it piecing together for ya.How are the LED's treating you??I should have mine this Thursday.......CHEA!!!!!!

Still got the one running over my 40g. Unfortunately I had to treat the 40g with Flatworm Exit just over a week ago which really ****** off my SPS so it's hard to comment on them but I will say my Acans and Z's/P's are starting to color up nicely, they look way better than they ever did under my MH+T5.

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear bout the flatworm bro:(dip,dip,dip,and dip again:).I look forward to your tank coming together good luck:)

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough crowd! I thought the sump was pretty **** nice!
That's a really nice sump. It's definitely making me rethink using an old 55 with baffles on my new build. I'm going to have a section for frags, but because of the size of my skimmer, I don't think I'm going to have room for a refugium. Maybe I can rethink the way I install the baffles for a small refugium.....

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a really nice sump. It's definitely making me rethink using an old 55 with baffles on my new build. I'm going to have a section for frags, but because of the size of my skimmer, I don't think I'm going to have room for a refugium. Maybe I can rethink the way I install the baffles for a small refugium.....

Tough call, unless you're going to be fragging a lot I'd go with the fuge. Definitely more beneficial IMO.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whaddya think? Worked with a welder to get the light rack put together today. Easy to adjust the height and can slide front to back as needed. Currently mounted 6" over the top.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice build - really like that tank
a question on those LEDs if you don't mind (nice mounting system by the way)
you have it 26" from the bottom of the tank - what size is the spread pattern at that height for one of those fixtures?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back