Kamoer Time Sync - Out

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just started happening with my 2 Kamoer X1 Pro dosing pumps - the firmware time is completely different than the app time, and the as a result I can't use the app to make any program changes, or even to manual add.

Anyone can assist?

Tony Roberts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just started happening with my 2 Kamoer X1 Pro dosing pumps - the firmware time is completely different than the app time, and the as a result I can't use the app to make any program changes, or even to manual add.

Anyone can assist?

I just started experiencing the same problems with my two F4 Pro. I tried Uninstallering and reinstalling to no avail. Firmware date is 12/31/1969 time is two hours behind current date 5/7/2023 and time.

It occasionally syncs but still off by a few minutes but unsyncs in seconds and I can't make changes to my dosing schedule.

I plan on calling Carolvue on Monday.

OP
OP
R

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started experiencing the same problems with my two F4 Pro. I tried Uninstallering and reinstalling to no avail. Firmware date is 12/31/1969 time is two hours behind current date 5/7/2023 and time.

It occasionally syncs but still off by a few minutes but unsyncs in seconds and I can't make changes to my dosing schedule.

I plan on calling Carolvue on Monday.
I notices that eventually it fixes itself - I don't understand it. It almost appears as if the cloud service on their end just craps out, so you can't do anything with the unit as it's not accessible. Then when it gets itself sorted out the time syncs properly, and you can once again control the doser. But, it will go down again, so do what you need to do before it craps out again.

Please let me know what support says - thanks.

Swede Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reported the time sync error to coralvue support yesterday. They said they emailed kamoer. No reply yet but today the app works almost "snappy" with no issues. Sounds like you might be on to the issue. Their servers might be having issues...

OP
OP
R

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reported the time sync error to coralvue support yesterday. They said they emailed kamoer. No reply yet but today the app works almost "snappy" with no issues. Sounds like you might be on to the issue. Their servers might be having issues...
I believe it's just a timing glitch with their cloud services.....this has happened quite frequently, but really not an issue - just need to wait until the service comes back online. Nothing wrong with the actual doser per se, so don't spend any time trying to troubleshoot it.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had an error because of it, but as much as I love my Kamoer X1 pumps, they do an awful job of keeping time. Mine tend to start pumping somewhere between a few minutes early and 20 minutes late. Even if I need to watch the dose happen so I sync the time, it'll still be off by a a minute or so and by the next day it might be 5 to 10 minutes off.
I tend to ignore it. Again, it's not throwing any errors that I need to worry about, so I just figure it's not worth thinking too much about. As long as it pumps the correct amount over the course of the day, it doesn't really matter if any given dose is a few minutes early/late.

Tony Roberts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anyone can assist?
I'm having the same problem with my 2 f4 pro units. The firmware time has stopped displaying and they do not sync. It comes and goes. Just a couple hours ago they were fine and not at 7:25 est the problem has reoccurring. It's is very frustrating. I don't recommend buying this unit.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ocean666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anyone can assist?
Do you still have this problem now? I am also planning to buy this pump

OP
OP
R

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not - so whatever it was after months of frustration, it appears to be operational as it should over the past 2 weeks.
Do you still have this problem now? I am also planning to buy this pump

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine two have been doing it for a few days...just after the other server fiasco where nothing was working. Great pumps when the software works.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got three of the F1 models to dose alk in 3 systems and am ready to return them all. This is my first time trying a doser so I'll be able to be away from home for more than one day at a time. Set the first one up and it fails to dose at the set time on the first test. App and firmware time are out of sync and the doser failed to dose at the specified time. I have more confidence in my 83 year old mother coming over and manually dosing when I'm gone than I do using these unit's. It sucks since I really had to convince myself to make the purchase as I'm opposed to automation because I don't trust it as much as I trust myself to remember.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got three of the F1 models to dose alk in 3 systems and am ready to return them all. This is my first time trying a doser so I'll be able to be away from home for more than one day at a time. Set the first one up and it fails to dose at the set time on the first test. App and firmware time are out of sync and the doser failed to dose at the specified time. I have more confidence in my 83 year old mother coming over and manually dosing when I'm gone than I do using these unit's. It sucks since I really had to convince myself to make the purchase as I'm opposed to automation because I don't trust it as much as I trust myself to remember.
Maybe try a practice run. Stick one end in some water and the other in an empty container, let it run for 24 hours and see how much it doses.

If you set it to, for example, 500ml dosed over the course of the day, and after 24 hours it moved 500ml of water, then I wouldn't get too hung up on the time being all over the place. If it's skipping doses, that's a problem, if it's dosing 20 minutes later than it should, it's annoying, but not a huge deal.
Don't get me wrong, it's not how it should be and you have every right to be angry when something you bought doesn't perform as advertised, but it'll get the job done while you're out of the house for a day here and there.

Also, it'll give you a good excuse to buy a second one in a few months when you're looking to throw some money at the tank. You can buy yourself a better one and put this one in storage as a backup or to use for something less important (ie I have a pump I repurposed to keep a drain line flushed so doesn't really matter how well it keeps time).

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try a practice run. Stick one end in some water and the other in an empty container, let it run for 24 hours and see how much it doses.

If you set it to, for example, 500ml dosed over the course of the day, and after 24 hours it moved 500ml of water, then I wouldn't get too hung up on the time being all over the place. If it's skipping doses, that's a problem, if it's dosing 20 minutes later than it should, it's annoying, but not a huge deal.
Don't get me wrong, it's not how it should be and you have every right to be angry when something you bought doesn't perform as advertised, but it'll get the job done while you're out of the house for a day here and there.

Also, it'll give you a good excuse to buy a second one in a few months when you're looking to throw some money at the tank. You can buy yourself a better one and put this one in storage as a backup or to use for something less important (ie I have a pump I repurposed to keep a drain line flushed so doesn't really matter how well it keeps time).
Thanks for the input.
It's not just that the time is off. Calibration is off as well after only 12 hours. I have calibrated it and set to dose 10ml and it only dosed 8. The app is clunky and non responsive at times and has to be closed and restarted. It just doesn't instill confidence. I think I'll just go with a brs doser coupled with a digital timer that allows on time as short as 1 second. Been running one to dose kalk and it has been flawless. I guess I just had high expectations since it's a device that could destroy my tank if it malfunctions. I suppose that's true about any automation and why I try to avoid it except for ato units.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I've problems with it not calibrating, but the app can be a challenge. It's often non-responsive, but typically only when I click on one of the pumps. I'm not sure if that's an app issue a pump issue, but it does seem to take a while to pair.
I wonder if your issue with the calibration and even other people's issues with the time keeping, could be a power supply issue.

If you're looking for better, more reliable pumps, at the very least you probably need to get one with a stepper motor. That way it's not calibrating or dosing based on the amount of time it supplies power to the pump, but rather by telling the pump exactly how much to turn (hence why I'm curious if it's a power supply problem).
Though it should be noted, you can't drive a stepper motor with a timer, they require additional hardware and a way to program it (ie an app) in order to work.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back