Kessil Show Off Thread (Warning, may be picture heavy!)

Which Kessil Product Do You Use Or Have Used

• Total voters
OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plugged into the input and other into port 1 on controller
I would guess faulty cable. Or check the firmware version on the controller and update it if needed.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I unplug it from the light, it then goes bright white, and as soon as i plug it in; goes right back to the darkish blue. It is not the complete dark blue, but it is certainly not the bright white
Correct. Because as soon as you plug in the cable the knob on the light is overridden. Even if the cable goes to nothing on the other end, the port on the kessil overrides the knob.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...should I be calling Kessil customer support
I'd shoot them an email and see what they have to say
Were you able to check the firmware version on your controller?

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, i talked to the guy i bought it from, he is going to take it back and going to sell me a Radion XR30 G4 - Non pro with RMS mount. I am going to pick it up this time (3 1/2 hr drive) to make sure it works properly.

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, i talked to the guy i bought it from, he is going to take it back and going to sell me a Radion XR30 G4 - Non pro with RMS mount. I am going to pick it up this time (3 1/2 hr drive) to make sure it works properly.

So after reading my email this morning. I got an email from Kessil. They are going to replace both units for me. I have faith in customer service, and want to thank Kessil for it!

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after reading my email this morning. I got an email from Kessil. They are going to replace both units for me. I have faith in customer service, and want to thank Kessil for it!
Thats awesome! :D:D

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my tank up and running. I went with 2 Kessil A360WEs and a 24" Giesemann Spectra. The combo is stunning in person. Here is a short video. Enjoy.

Amazing video! Everything looks happy and healthy :D What did you use to film? Good camera work ;)

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was shot using a Panasonic Lumix G7 and I have to give all the credit to my son Peter. He's also a musician so has a good ear for syncing music but also is a capable video editor. I'm learning as I go but was really happy on how this first one turned out. Since the tank is still fairly virgin, I only have a few corals in there so far but it feels like a lot of life when I watch the video.

Left Coast DJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Kessil folks... I want to get your input. (I created a separate thread about this, but am not getting much action in it).

I'm playing with the idea of setting up an IM Lagoon 50 - which has a display footprint of 30 x 20 and a water column height of 16". I'm planning on having the rock work on the opposite (catty) corners. I'l be keeping mostly Zoas and LPS (acans, duncans, dendro, etc.).

What's the best Kessil option for me?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Kessil folks... I want to get your input. (I created a separate thread about this, but am not getting much action in it).

I'm playing with the idea of setting up an IM Lagoon 50 - which has a display footprint of 30 x 20 and a water column height of 16". I'm planning on having the rock work on the opposite (catty) corners. I'l be keeping mostly Zoas and LPS (acans, duncans, dendro, etc.).

What's the best Kessil option for me?
Pair of A160s if you're not going SPS

Left Coast DJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pair of A160s if you're not going SPS

For a tank with a 16" depth, do you think A160s would not be able grow SPS? While SPS don't really get me excited, I'd hate to spend money on a high-quality LED system that locks me out of certain corals should I choose to go for them down the road.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been toying with the idea of a lagoon 25 for zoas and shrooms only. 2 A80’s are gonna get the job done for me, I couldn’t imagine 2 160’s wouldn’t do the same on a 50

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a tank with a 16" depth, do you think A160s would not be able grow SPS? While SPS don't really get me excited, I'd hate to spend money on a high-quality LED system that locks me out of certain corals should I choose to go for them down the road.

I would think so. As long as you are running two.

bekate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kessil 160 at the moment and it might be the one thing in my tank that I have absolutely nothing negative to say about. That's rare ;)
I'm selling everything soon due to a big move (California to New Zealand) but will definitely be getting Kessil again.

Here's a photo. Pardon the mess and the reflection. Due to a bad choice in LSF, the tank was set up in a very sunny location...

IMG_0931.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back