KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Buddah001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered some Tygon tubing today. Pretty expensive but if it works it will be well worth it. Extremely chemical resistant. Talked to several engineers today and they recommended it. Hopefully this works cuz it cost more than $100 for 50ft
I would like to find the answer to this bubble issue I am having

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally swapped out my tubing. I used the same stuff I'm using for all my regular dosing lines.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6BCV0G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's been around 2 1/2 days and I haven't seen a single air gap / bubble.

Just a note. When I connected this tubing to the KHD port, I didn't use the little plastic spacer that fits inside the lock nut. It makes it too tight and nearly impossible to remove later. I learned the hard way when I originally hooked up the unit (wrong tube to wrong port).

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So wait you have this unit 8 feet away working flawless?

Is it at the same level or below?

Would like to put one in the basement probably a 4 foot drop 12 foot run total any thoughts?
@WWIII

I was going to just change out the reagent hose, but the thicker wall of the "new" silicone hose reduced my volume for the water sample line to pull and backflush considerably, which I like. I'm pulling from around 8 feet away, the thicker walled 1/8" id hose reduced volume from 33ml to 21ml. It did not effect the doser output however, as I recalibrated several times afterward and the ml per minute for each head remained the same.

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tygon tubing is installed. Let’s see if this works:(

Hope it does for ya! I've had no bad readings for 2 weeks with the thicker silicone tubing. I'm not convinced the bubbles come from the wrong tubing though yet?

Have you seen any bubbles in the reagent itself @Buddah001 ?

Does anyone have the blue reagent yet?

mrramsey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it does for ya! I've had no bad readings for 2 weeks with the thicker silicone tubing. I'm not convinced the bubbles come from the wrong tubing though yet?

Blue reagent? Did they change it? I’m really waiting to see a resolution before ordering.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I thought the blue reagent was the old reagent, and the white is the new reagent.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, the blue reagent came after the white/clear. Not sure if anything changed? They (GHL) said they can even be mixed together. I have no idea if they are sticking to the blue or that's just what one supplier had?

I'm sure GHL is working through any possible solutions, but aa we have found out it takes time to ensure no bubbles whatsoever.

Buddah001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My dosing container for the reagent is crystal clear and there are no bubbles in the reagent what so ever
Clear reagent here

SaltyH2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my KH Director SA set and additional reagent solution last Friday. Both bottles contain a light blue reagent. Not sure if the blue reagent is supposed to reduce bubbles. I see a bubble (~6mm total length) on the input and output side of the pump head every 24 hours.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my KH Director SA set and additional reagent solution last Friday. Both bottles contain a light blue reagent. Not sure if the blue reagent is supposed to reduce bubbles. I see a bubble (~6mm total length) on the input and output side of the pump head every 24 hours.
What tubing are you using?

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having similar issue. Having air bubbles only in tubing feeding the kh director. This is after the parasitic pump. There seems to not be enough psi to push the bubble through . Then after some time its gone . I never see a bubble on the intake side of the pump , this also happens on some of the other lines . Very confusing.

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Not sure if this is the right place to post my problem but I have been getting low readings after calibrating my probe. Would like some help troubleshooting my KH director. I calibrated the KH Director pH probe last week and now my readings are anywhere from 5.3 to 6.9 (test kits results are 7.7-8.1 dKH). Prior to the calibration, the KHD was working fine and was consistent with my test kits (Salifert and Hanna). I have recalibrated the probe two more times and calibrated my doser pumps and still no luck getting the readings. I have no bubbles in any of my lines. Any help is appreciated.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back