KH Guardian: Automatic Alkalinity Controller- My Experiences

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know anything about this?

1. This is no matter what brand you use ( include soda ash) 1 ml(cc) in 1L(1000cc) can rise up certain dKH。
  2. Factory set up is 2.17,that is for 65g sodium bicarbonate in 1L sea water can rise up 2.17dKH。

screenshot_20180706_220527.png

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Page 16 in the user manual
TL_ERR = KRS solution drip interval is too long
A. This error message will occur if the intermittent air in KRS tube.
B. Please go to control menu and press “KS De-Gas” function to vent the air.

1. This is an outstanding and unique feature of KHG, which is currently not available on the market.
  2. KHG has a special optical lens, as well as a special algorithm, it can calculate the volume of medicine drops based on speed, penetrating power and time.
  3. Therefore, when the medication system has an obstacle, it will promptly alert.
  4. Unlike a conventional stepper motor, it can only know exactly how many degrees it is spinning, but it cannot know if there is any drug drip or how much it actually drips.
  5. If this feature is lacking, besides being incapable of being absolutely accurate, it will be very complicated when troubleshooting.
  6. Please download the User manual form URL below and read page 16 (Item 9) and page 4 (Item 8). http://www.khguardian.com/pdf/USER-MANUAL-EN-2018-06-13.pdf
  7. Check KRS pipe, does it have intermittent air inside ?
  8. You can perform the “KS De-Gas”procedure for 3 minutes, forced to completely eliminate the air inside.
  9. After 3 minutes, cancelling the air purging by clicking on the“RESET”in your browser screen, or press and hold number 4 button for 3 seconds to stop the purging procedure.

36063291_10155765044342123_8836767303098957824_n.jpg

Last edited:

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had issue with connecting the aim to Neptune apex? When I do the ph calibration on the apex by sending the simulated voltage for ph 7 and then ph 10 the numbers are similar. I get 738 in the calibration window with ph7 and 739 with ph10. I think their should be a much greater difference between the two. Any ideas? Can I check the output voltage with multimeter on the aim BNC connector when I click each to see if it is properly sending correct voltage?

1. AIM's RJ45 connector has two LED lights, the right is the power LED, it should always light.
  2. On the left is the signal synchronization light, it will flash about every 25 seconds. when the KHG's LCD screen shows time, it should flash.
  3. If you do not see the signal synchronization light flash once every 25 seconds , it's meaning that AIM is not connected to KHG correctly.
  4. Also whenever you press the S.4 or S.7 or S.10 button , the Synchronization signal light will flash once. on behalf of it has been properly synchronized with the KHG.
  5. Please confirm the above description first.
  6. If you use the voltmeter to measure AIM BNC output, when click S.4 button ,the output is about 117.48mV, when click S.7 button ,the output is 0V, when click S.10 button ,the output is -117.48mV.

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. This is no matter what brand you use ( include soda ash) 1 ml(cc) in 1L(1000cc) can rise up certain dKH。
  2. Factory set up is 2.17,that is for 65g sodium bicarbonate in 1L sea water can rise up 2.17dKH。

screenshot_20180706_220527.png

I am not seeing this option in my units settings

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
According to David According to the actual situation in my laboratory, if leave it nopened, 6 years are still reliable and effective. So next time just stock up a bunch.

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not seeing this option in my units settings

1. Upgrade your firmware to "V8W.H6A8T"
  2. The following is the download link http://www.khguardian.com/download.php
  3. "S.Raise KH ml/L ability" This is a very powerful feature but it is also extremely dangerous, Be sure to use M.L.Q for restrictions first.
  4. Confirm that there is no problem after one day of operation, then gradually loosen the restrictions of M.L.Q.

screenshot_20180708_193857.jpg

ricowind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fight goes on for me with my KH monitor; I have sent this back twice in total so far with limited results each time.

One thing I will say is that Coralvue has an excellent customer service system; they have always tried to help with all my issues and I have never been neglected yet, which is commendable on Coralvue’s behalf.

But as far as the reliability of the DR. Bridge I would barely give this thing a half star rating. It simply has too many moving parts to fail, and the PH probe method becomes an issue.

In my case I get a constant KH>ERR, with a constant reading of 12.XX, when I validate the tests it is usually never even close. The test kits used to validate is a Hanna, and the Red Sea which always give the same readings.

I have replaced PH probe and re calibrated on numerous occasions

I am corresponding with Coralvue right now on the same issue, no results yet from the recommendations they have given me.

I will be really curios of how the new Neptune systems will work when it is rolled out, I am desperately waiting, I planned on running the 2 to see the comparison.

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fight goes on for me with my KH monitor; I have sent this back twice in total so far with limited results each time.

One thing I will say is that Coralvue has an excellent customer service system; they have always tried to help with all my issues and I have never been neglected yet, which is commendable on Coralvue’s behalf.

But as far as the reliability of the DR. Bridge I would barely give this thing a half star rating. It simply has too many moving parts to fail, and the PH probe method becomes an issue.

In my case I get a constant KH>ERR, with a constant reading of 12.XX, when I validate the tests it is usually never even close. The test kits used to validate is a Hanna, and the Red Sea which always give the same readings.

I have replaced PH probe and re calibrated on numerous occasions

I am corresponding with Coralvue right now on the same issue, no results yet from the recommendations they have given me.

I will be really curios of how the new Neptune systems will work when it is rolled out, I am desperately waiting, I planned on running the 2 to see the comparison.
Same exact thing with me. Sent it in 2 times, and still can’t get it to take one correct test. Think trident will be the ticket! Standing by as well.

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first generation of KHG did have some missing, however, through the feedback from users, various known hardware defects have been improved, and the firmware is now very mature. it is still the most sophisticated and reliable alkalinity monitoring controller after verification by the current market, as long as you are willing to patiently correct and maintain it.

As for the detection of alkalinity, pH titration is still the most reliable method. I believe that most of the senior players have compared Salifert and Hanna. The colorimetric method is limited by the stability of the formulation of the drug for a long time. for long-term monitoring and control purposes, there is currently not much evidence to prove that it is reliable.

Ok, If you still have drifting problems, if possible, please check the three sections :
  1. Your Teflon Magnetic Stirrer size is 10mm x 5mm ?
  2. Accelerator motor is V2 ?
  3. Accelerator motor voltage is set to 9V ?
When all the above three questions can be determined, then there are only the remaining settings and corrections. Please feel free to ask, I will try to solve them one by one. If you are not able to confirm, please contact your dealer.

screenshot_20180713_105055.jpg

screenshot_20180713_104741.jpg

AC_Adjustment.jpg

Last edited:

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys must have jinxed me, as of this morning I am getting AC_Err and the mixer is unresponsive (no movement or noise) to “test accelerator” command. I confirmed the stir pill is present and jostled it around a bit, but still nothing.

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys must have jinxed me, as of this morning I am getting AC_Err and the mixer is unresponsive (no movement or noise) to “test accelerator” command. I confirmed the stir pill is present and jostled it around a bit, but still nothing.

Most of AC_ERR occurs in V1 version, please contact your dealer to replace the accelerator motor V2.

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Carlos is sending out a new chamber/motor. Very responsive customer service so far. Also glad I don’t have to send the whole unit back like last time.

I am very happy to hear that you have get CV fast service.
Replace the Chamber / AC motor is very easy, I have labeled their corresponding wire sockets separately.
The two rubber hoses of the chamber are not positive or negative.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I will assist you.

screenshot_20180713_235141.jpg

Herby’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read through the first 20 pages and have not seen an answer to this question. Can anybody tell me what I can expect to pay for reagent if I purchase one of these and test the minimum of every 4 hours? Also, am I correct that 6 times per day is the minimum?

Thanks,

David

DVC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read through the first 20 pages and have not seen an answer to this question. Can anybody tell me what I can expect to pay for reagent if I purchase one of these and test the minimum of every 4 hours? Also, am I correct that 6 times per day is the minimum?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,
  1. Sorry, I didn't notice the previous post.
  2. If tested six times a day, a pack of reagents can be used for approximately 45 days.
  3. This is only an estimate and cannot be evaluated absolutely because the amount consumed per test is different.
  4. Yes, testing six times a day for safety reasons is a minimum.

Herby’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi David,
  1. Sorry, I didn't notice the previous post.
  2. If tested six times a day, a pack of reagents can be used for approximately 45 days.
  3. This is only an estimate and cannot be evaluated absolutely because the amount consumed per test is different.
  4. Yes, testing six times a day for safety reasons is a minimum.

Ok, and I see the reagent is 35.00. The picture shows 5 packets of reagent, but I assume 35 is for 1 packet? So $35 per 45 days?

Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back