• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

KILLER LED's FOR A LARGE TANK!

  • Thread starter Thread starter AppleJack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleJack

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
8
Location
Draper, Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently was planning on setting up a 350 Gallon tank, and had some custom LED's built for the monster. But I soon decided I wanted to go with something a little smaller and more efficient (Red sea max 650). I had the LED's built by a buddy of mine who is amazing at electronic things. I had 3 heatsinks built all with the same amount of Cree LED's. The Heat sinks are 20 inches long.. Each with their own mother board. One out of three is pictured below.

20131028_211808.jpg

Hopefully the picture isnt as small as I see it..

On each heat sink there is...
26 Cree XP-G Cool White (5 Watts)~ Seperate Dimmable
26 Cree XP-E Blue (3 Watts) ~ Seperate Dimmable
6 Cree UV
6 Ocean Coral White
6 Red X-PE ON SAME DIMMABLE AS GREEN
6 Green X-PE ON SAME DIMMABLE AS RED
4 Moonlights

So for each heatsink that is a total of 280 Watts of LED's!

These were very meticulously planned and were only used for a couple months.

201207(July)22 second light3.jpg


I am a couple grand into them and would like to get rid of them. Asking $900 shipped for all 3! OBO
If you have any questions PM me or text me for faster response. 8016443517
 
So what size tank was the 350 going to be? I have a 180 (6'x2'x2'). Would these be overkill for that tank?
 
They were over my 180 for a short period of time. At full blast, they would be. But they are dimmable so you could control them.. I ran mine at about 70 percent over my 180.
The 350 Was 3x6x3
 
Each heat sink has 3 dimmable channels
Blues
White
Red & Green (Together)
 
can you post pics of all of the heatsinks and drivers?

might be interested in this

thanks

bob
 
That's a steal! Somebody jump on these!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new