Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not diluted; it's 45g per 4 liters - so if your coral fits in a 500ml container (as mine did) you only need to use approximately 5.6g - hence ~$2.50 for that single treatment (and I have enough left to treat an additional 3.5 liters).

I didn't mean the product purchased is diluted. But, we dilute it. or else, you'll kill everything that goes in it.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights are dying. i am probably going to have to order some because noop wont be here before these take their last breath. When it rains it pours.
Oh no! Hopefully an Amazon cheapie can tide you over!

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, diluted cheapens the cost. But to spend 40 for it to only work in a single case, is expensive. I have had a lot of loss where iodine would not assist. Peroxide was a last resort since hammers balloon under peroxide. I managed to save 3 heads.

I was reading it, I wonder if it actually works on monti eating nudibranches, there's been a few (2 maybe) out break cases with some of the posters.

Anyhow, My lights are dying. i am probably going to have to order some because noop wont be here before these take their last breath. When it rains it pours.
Could maybe see if you can borrow a light from your LFS and say you will return until the new lights come in? The last thing you want right now is a total tank crash from a faulty light, similar to what happened to mine.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could maybe see if you can borrow a light from your LFS and say you will return until the new lights come in? The last thing you want right now is a total tank crash from a faulty light, similar to what happened to mine.
Top joke of the day? I may as well use the bulbs from my kitchen.

I am sure I told you, my lfs can only grow aiptasia. The other guy, his lights aren't much stronger.
Oh no! Hopefully an Amazon cheapie can tide you over!
It's the control boxes. One of them is shorting out. I have to contact and pray current usa will talk with me. I know they wont. So, I either order new boxes or just wait out the storm.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My foxface slowed down enough for my cleaner shrimp to clean it, and now I'm secretly worried he's dying.

If it only lasted 8 seconds. Fox is alright, unless pestering the shrimp

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it only lasted 8 seconds. Fox is alright, unless pestering the shrimp
I "walked in" on the cleaning, then they stopped, so I don't know how long they were having their little cleaning sesh. I'm sure he's fine. I'm just super nervous because I'm still dealing with the ammonia situation. :/

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grand news: My ammonia level is finally zero! I swear I was about to flip my lid. I had to dose Fritz9 three times and used AmGuard every night. My fish have all stayed active and happy throughout this ordeal, even the little Tiny Tim chromis. Thank goodness.

The tank has been up and running for 9 days now, and don't worry, the green algae is also still alive and well.

Assuming everything remains stable over the next few days, I'll finally get back around to actually mounting my frags this weekend! I started mounting them the day before The Great Leak, and want to super make sure we're in good shape before forming bonds again.

FTS 19 Oct 2021.jpg

I have found two aiptasia in the last 24-hours, so I'll be inspecting everything thoroughly, as well.

In other news, the ATO 100% does not work. I have fiddled with it, but its position in the sump makes it impossible to see. For now, I'll bypass it with the ATO that was kindly gifted to me, which works very well. :)

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grand news: My ammonia level is finally zero! I swear I was about to flip my lid. I had to dose Fritz9 three times and used AmGuard every night. My fish have all stayed active and happy throughout this ordeal, even the little Tiny Tim chromis. Thank goodness.

The tank has been up and running for 9 days now, and don't worry, the green algae is also still alive and well.

Assuming everything remains stable over the next few days, I'll finally get back around to actually mounting my frags this weekend! I started mounting them the day before The Great Leak, and want to super make sure we're in good shape before forming bonds again.

FTS 19 Oct 2021.jpg

I have found two aiptasia in the last 24-hours, so I'll be inspecting everything thoroughly, as well.

In other news, the ATO 100% does not work. I have fiddled with it, but its position in the sump makes it impossible to see. For now, I'll bypass it with the ATO that was kindly gifted to me, which works very well. :)
Old School Yes GIF

Tank looks great! Love that RFA. :)

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FTS 19 Oct 2021.jpg

I had lots of problems with my ATO in my RSR350, so good call on going with something else.
bye-bye-baby-good-riddance.gif

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATO that was given to me as a gift. I got last Nov and still isn't setup. I also bought a Ecotect Versa dosing pump back in July. Still haven't set it up. I'm not lazy...just like being in control of what is going on in the tank.

Which ATO did you have and what are you going with now?

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATO that was given to me as a gift. I got last Nov and still isn't setup. I also bought a Ecotect Versa dosing pump back in July. Still haven't set it up. I'm not lazy...just like being in control of what is going on in the tank.
I'm the same way -- at some point down the line I may want a dosing pump, but I'm a hands-on person, and maybe slightly a bit of a control freak.

Which ATO did you have and what are you going with now?
It's the ATO that's built into the Reefer 250. I've manually fiddled with the float valve and it's just not working. There is also a built-in triangle siliconed in above the valve which completely obstructs all visuals of the actual mechanism.

I've got a Neptune ATK V2, which I actually rigged up to top-off the top-off reservoir, as it's relatively small and a PITA to pour water into.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished your thread. Wow. The new tank is looking great! Love the torches!

I could never get the float valve to work right on my RSR either it's a bad design.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grand news: …..

I was so worried. I would cry if the poor green algae would jus go from one day to another without saying goodbye ;)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.0%

Back