Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally about to start BUILDING. I feel like I've been chasing my tail all day! ;Wacky

25B4C879-D9FD-4467-BFB9-E10379C2CBC8.jpeg
So excited for you!!!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always liked putting together stuff like that, I've put together sooooo many furniture type items over the years. Grab my drink, clear a spot and get to work, lol. Don't worry though, all my stuff is sturdy! I'm good at it!

Julia Louis Dreyfus Wine GIF

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it going? Photos or it's not happeing ;Joyful
I'm focusing over here!! Lol.

Cabinet is almost done. I had to take an ibuprofen and Cocoa Pebbles break.

D08E8982-F1E1-441A-8A17-E67EDE3BA570.jpeg

40B is only slightly out of level. ;Facepalm ;Dead
B7CF387E-E125-4385-B0EA-80DECA26DF42.jpeg
CF857002-C955-421F-866D-42FD5ABDD533.jpeg

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always liked putting together stuff like that, I've put together sooooo many furniture type items over the years. Grab my drink, clear a spot and get to work, lol. Don't worry though, all my stuff is sturdy! I'm good at it!

Julia Louis Dreyfus Wine GIF
I loooove building things! I tackle everything on my own (even electrical, plumbing, and hvac). :D

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna rally and get it all done tonight, but my dear son was the voice of reason. Haha.

The cabinet is built and the doors are hung, but I need to adjust the hinges a little. I'll do that first thing in the morning, and then start tearing down the new tank. I will have to get it all out of the way so I can center the cabinet on the wall, seat the tank, and start to plumb.

The star and emerald are both basically paralyzed, but still not dead. I already yanked the star out of the DT so I don't have to worry about it.

I pick my middle kiddo up from her dad's at 6pm tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll have everything done by then. :)

Building everything has been a blast, but thank heavens I'm pretty decent at it, and even better at deductive reasoning, because almost all of the hardware was mislabeled. Whoever was responsible for slapping the stickers on the little bags must be illiterate, because they were letters that were NOWHERE to be found in the directions. Y was labeled "Q," W was labeled "S-T." Sheer madness.

I just had a delightful ice cream sandwich for dinner, and hope I can get some actual sleep tonight! Tomorrow's when the magic happens. :D

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also — nem cannon was a failure. I pulled it out around 1pm to find a very stubborn, irritated BTA still firmly on its rock. :| Half its tentacles are retracted, and its mouth is a little open. I really don't want to further stress it tomorrow by trying to manually coax it to loosen its grip. Soooo...I'll have to adjust the scape to include nem and his beloved rock after everything else.

And! I have a couple of frag racks from @Aquarocks coming in a few days that I'll be working into the scape, and will need to see if the BTA is gonna boogie somewhere else in the new tank, so I'm gonna hold off on mounting most of the frags for a few extra days. I *am* going to put the ones currently in the sand on egg crate so the melanurus will stop knocking them over.

Thinking about rinsing sand and scrubbing rocks is already making me tired.

Last edited:

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, eat some proper food, lady!! I can be just as guilty as you at picking terrible foods, but you'll be working more efficiently with good food in your belly. Don't want ya being hangry, lol.
Hungry Sloth GIF

Totally rooting for you to have things go together well for you this morning! I have a slight kid break for most of the day as well, so I'm going to try to get something done here too.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, eat some proper food, lady!! I can be just as guilty as you at picking terrible foods, but you'll be working more efficiently with good food in your belly. Don't want ya being hangry, lol.
Hungry Sloth GIF

Totally rooting for you to have things go together well for you this morning! I have a slight kid break for most of the day as well, so I'm going to try to get something done here too.
I had ibuprofen, my crazy pills, and a Rice Krispy Treat. I don't know why I'm eating like a 17-year-old boy these days. I vow to make myself a proper lunch! LOL. Thanks for making me eat. :p

200.gif

18-year-old is still in bed, but I've got my 4-year-old all up in my face. She's been pretending to construct behind me the whole way. <3

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish, rocks, and frags are out! I sure wish wrasses weren't so dramatic. Nerds keep playing dead.

Taking a five minute breather before I scoop out the sand and manually pluck the rest of the CUC. They better work overtime when they're back in the DT. Haha.

79B7A206-FB53-40E5-BFCD-45BB71AA7E33.jpeg

7EF9BE4C-0237-43C2-A2A1-B76AE75F6ADE.jpeg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish, rocks, and frags are out! I sure wish wrasses weren't so dramatic. Nerds keep playing dead.

Taking a five minute breather before I scoop out the sand and manually pluck the rest of the CUC. They better work overtime when they're back in the DT. Haha.

79B7A206-FB53-40E5-BFCD-45BB71AA7E33.jpeg

7EF9BE4C-0237-43C2-A2A1-B76AE75F6ADE.jpeg
My flasher is out and about flashing after a week. Need to hunt his food down as he refuses large mysis. The very close lfs did not have small mysis, just large freshwater and he wont touch them. I may buy blood worms as well.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey KB, how long did you leave the cannon over your nem?

I have seen it take up to 3 days for the nem to walk up the tube if they are settled and stubborn. If it wasn't getting any outside light, It would have walked up the tube. The fact that it was irritated was a good thing. They shouldn't be comfortable in there, That's what makes them move to "safety"

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far did you get yesterday Utah? Got pics for us?
the lord of the rings GIF

Hey KB, how long did you leave the cannon over your nem?

I have seen it take up to 3 days for the nem to walk up the tube if they are settled and stubborn. If it wasn't getting any outside light, It would have walked up the tube. The fact that it was irritated was a good thing. They shouldn't be comfortable in there, That's what makes them move to "safety"
24-hours. I didn't know it could take them three days — otherwise I would have started it sooner! I hated seeing him so sad, though.

Back