kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
poor hammer...doesn't look good
I know. :( When I shine my blue LED flashlight at it, the right head doesn't show any luminescence, but the left still has a little glow. IDK if there's any way to hang on to the one side. I don't have any fragging tools at the moment, and it's obviously in bad shape and probably wouldn't survive the trauma anyway. :( :( :(

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BJD was rapidly spreading in my tank. Lost 7 corals in 24 hours. I was able to halt the devastation with 3 things. Got my parameters perfect and did a chemiclean treatment in the DT. Then run heavy bags of carbon in my sump. BjD went into remission and no more losses. Ciprofloaxin is the best course though if you have it.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added another 16oz of bottled bac. Fingers crossed for better numbers in the morning!

I think I have a good idea of where I want to place my corals, so I'm gonna get to mounting tomorrow! I'm so excited to have everything together. :D

Now I have to decide if I'm going to make my own controller board/storage shelf combo or buy one. Commercially built will be sleek, but not quite what I want. Homemade is less expensive and will be exactly what I need, but it's wet and cold out. I do know that I can't tolerate this cord spaghetti much longer. It's making me crazy!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unlike CoralRX, it treats BJD. Saved my hammer from BJD and doom... Remove, soak for 5min max and then immediately return to the tank.
Before I buy a bottle, did you ever treat any other coral with it? This stuff is expensive.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I buy a bottle, did you ever treat any other coral with it? This stuff is expensive.
The friend that recommended it to me has used it quite a few times, but I've only used it on the one coral that I had an issue with BJD (I lost 2 other corals previously when I didn't know about this product).

Yes, it is expensive - but you don't need to mix the whole thing (just use enough water to only cover the coral(s) in question). I used 1 capful in 500ml of water to treat my one hammer. For me it worked out to $2.50 to save a $140 hammer.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The friend that recommended it to me has used it quite a few times, but I've only used it on the one coral that I had an issue with BJD (I lost 2 other corals previously when I didn't know about this product).

Yes, it is expensive - but you don't need to mix the whole thing (just use enough water to only cover the coral(s) in question). I used 1 capful in 500ml of water to treat my one hammer. For me it worked out to $2.50 to save a $140 hammer.
I ordered some, but I just got rid of the hammer. :( It had weird black sprinkle-like specks where what little remains of the tissue sat in the skeleton.

I'll be glad to have some on hand. I have had good results with other Poly Lab products.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some, but I just got rid of the hammer. :( It had weird black sprinkle-like specks where what little remains of the tissue sat in the skeleton.

I'll be glad to have some on hand. I have had good results with other Poly Lab products.
Polyp Lab Medic and Revive had saved many fish and one coral over the past few months.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Polyp Lab Medic and Revive had saved many fish and one coral over the past few months.
I know, diluted cheapens the cost. But to spend 40 for it to only work in a single case, is expensive. I have had a lot of loss where iodine would not assist. Peroxide was a last resort since hammers balloon under peroxide. I managed to save 3 heads.

I was reading it, I wonder if it actually works on monti eating nudibranches, there's been a few (2 maybe) out break cases with some of the posters.

Anyhow, My lights are dying. i am probably going to have to order some because noop wont be here before these take their last breath. When it rains it pours.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, diluted cheapens the cost. But to spend 40 for it to only work in a single case, is expensive. I have had a lot of loss where iodine would not assist. Peroxide was a last resort since hammers balloon under peroxide. I managed to save 3 heads.

I was reading it, I wonder if it actually works on monti eating nudibranches, there's been a few (2 maybe) out break cases with some of the posters.

Anyhow, My lights are dying. i am probably going to have to order some because noop wont be here before these take their last breath. When it rains it pours.
It's not diluted; it's 45g per 4 liters - so if your coral fits in a 500ml container (as mine did) you only need to use approximately 5.6g - hence ~$2.50 for that single treatment (and I have enough left to treat an additional 3.5 liters).

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back