0   0   0
Last edited:

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this thread, and I love your tank! Are the pipefish hard to keep?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

They can be hard to keep. Normally it is recommended to feed them with living food. However, in my tank - there is a lot of pods and a high pod production in my fuge. I feed all my fish once a day and always with frozen food.

Sincerely Lasse

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your fuse large? What kind of lights are you using for it? I don't have one yet, but I am going to do one, and have been doing lots of reading, trying to figure out what would be the best light to get good growth.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You

I´m sorry to say that I have lost two of my pipefishes - there is one left. I do not really know why I lost them but they are delicate to have. I´ll try to take some longer video of the one I have left.

The aquarium just working fine - my pistol shrimp is very active - make it difficult to take good videos - a lot of particles in the water but below its a new one taking in heavy blue light - late in the evening

And there is a new kid on the block - a Fat Head Anthias - one of the fishes I have wait for.

fat-head1.jpg

fathead2.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system is connected to 2 fuses - but both of them also works for other purposes. In Sweden 10 A is standard fuse and the voltage is 240 V 50 Hz. I can have 2400 W direct load on each Fuse - but I have not. I use a Pacific Sun with no white LEDs - max 3*145 W - run at 75 %. Two artinic T5 bulbs (54 W)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

gregkn73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With so many halichoeres hrysus , don't you worry ,that that will deplete all the microfauna ,leaving very few to pipe fish or other more delicate fish ,you have?

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2018-2-7_7-41-10.png

Few questions if you don't mind: where do you find this, and what is the green coral waving on the back wall? Thank you

Nowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ I found two of those when I came back from vacation once.

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been following your treat since the first post. And I love all the information that you share with us, and all the research that you are doing at the museum and in your display. Definitely It came really gorgeous and interesting to see how much you have progress with it. By the way, what are your thoughts so far about your reverse flow DSB refugium. (Nutrients manage, parameters, negative impression of it).
Definitely a dream Tank.
Sheers
Compy "Gino"

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pipefish Dunckerocampus dactyliophorus eats artemia - it has done that from the beginning but its always seeking for food in places there the wrasses not reach and there my scooter blenny never goes. But - yes if I would change anything in the future - it should be to smaller fish (and more of them). Of the wrasses - I would only keep my possum wrasses.

I´m thinking of testing 2 pcs of Corythoichthys intestinalis again. I do not know why it disappear for me – it looks like it works out much better than the Dunckerocampus dactyliophorus. But my wife thinks it is a creepy fish.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, what are your thoughts so far about your reverse flow DSB refugium. (Nutrients manage, parameters, negative impression of it).
Definitely a dream Tank.

I do not know - I have redone it - taking away the siporax - rising the flow through it - but it seems like it works the way I thought. The growth of the Chaeto has been better since the change - the NO3 level just drop - I have to dose every day. PO4 under control - a little bit to low now but there was a rise just after the redoing of the sandbed

Yea - i´m satisfied with it - its stable.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2018-2-7_7-41-10.png

Few questions if you don't mind: where do you find this, and what is the green coral waving on the back wall? Thank you

In the stand of Back To Nature in the 1916 exhibition of InterZoo in Nuremberg, Germany. It’s a fake – its very popular with fake things at the moment as you probably know .

The green mat is no fake – its probably a form of branching briareum – maybe this. It is fantastic – make my whole aquarium shine in green

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back