Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hats off to you! What a beautiful tank and its so unique! I just love how most stuff is growing off of the wall making it look like your sitting at the bottom of a reef ledge. Corals look very very happy. I will have to try and skim through the thread when I get time.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hats off to you! What a beautiful tank and its so unique! I just love how most stuff is growing off of the wall making it look like your sitting at the bottom of a reef ledge. Corals look very very happy. I will have to try and skim through the thread when I get time.

Thanks a lot - I love a natural look - do not like the normal high status "little boxes" garden style :)

Sincerely Lasse

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse, the substrate grain size on the top layer of your RDSB, would you recommend less than 1mm or something larger like 1mm-2mm ? It looks like you didn't use exactly sugar size, if that is true, is that because it's reverse flow ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is 1-2 mm. The reason - I had a lot :) I normally do not like sugar size grains - it get a little to compact for me in the long run. In this case with reverse flow it could give some dust moving around too.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On our way down to Sicily we stop in Vienna today. We will take the train between Vienna and Venice on Monday. Train to Rome Tuesday and train down to the south on Thursday. There is some.visits into some public aquaria in our plans.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are soon leaving Vienna for Venice. We will cross the Alps/Dolomites. Yesterday we visit a public aquaria in Wien - Hause des Meeres. I was impressed of some of the tanks. It was the normal - Europe dull - standard of the large tanks. Large fishes, to many fishes and small tanks. Some good rock works - but the same I has seen at many places. But there was some very good tanks - a tank with Atlantic Sea Horses and a tank with non photosyntetic corals. The last one was heavy populated with sun corals and some other interesting corals. The tank was full of garden eels of many species, some P.tuka and some sand shifting fishes. That tank was world class I think.

They are constructing a new coral tank of 10 000 litres and I hope it will be better than the two existing today. They was not bad but at normal Europan standard. By mistake - I forgot my camera - pictures are taken by my mobil and not very good

The tower

skiss.jpg

Part of the Sea Horse tank

algae.jpg

The Sun coral tank

suncoral1.jpg

garden.jpg

Some fishes

angel.jpg
napoleon.jpg
tarpon.jpg
A new food concept :)

brocoli.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all

The result you can see here

time 0.JPG

What it say - I´m not really sure Total N is 1.88 ppm and my read NO3 (Red SEA Pro) was 6 - it means that a part of the analysed N was in other forms - probably organic forms. My P value was rather high and my measured PO4 was 0.1 (Hanna Low Phosphate) even here - there is a surplus of P - probably organic forms. I feed the aquaria with around 75 ml juice (Jomama juice :) every night (juice done by mixing Chaeto) IMO - with this in mind - my TOC was low - around 7.5 mg/l

However - m
ost important -- I have these figures in spite of the fact that my aquaria looks good :) I think I need some more measurements in order to understan and use this new tool

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse do Triton also give advice/dosing recommendations like they do with the normal icp tests ..?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back