Lasses Dream Build

This clone of hystrix is rather colourful by itself - I´m not sure that I have done anything that promote colouration, However - after nearly all my old hystrix stop to grow and died this fall I test this one in December. At the same time - I discover that I was low in phosphorus and start to dose. Since that everything have turn and it looks very good again. I measure around 0.1 - 0.12 ppm PO4 with my Hanna HI-774 and Triton tests say between 0.02 - 0.05 ppm. My goal is just now that I should read 0.12- 0.14 ppm on my own Hanna and send in a new Triton test in a month or two. I also discover that my salinity was up near 40 psu and lower it down to around 35 psu.

Sincerely Lasse
 
Not really. I have seen that I have a lot of N in the system - however - according to my nitrate test - nitrate is only around 1/3 of the total N content. I thought it was to much proteins in the water cause I skim very dry. Change the skimming to get more skimmate - total nitrogen doubled. Did not expect that. Either is my test wrong or it is something else. I can see that I´m rather high in organic carbon too

Sincerely Lasse


Love this tank Lasse! ...and the knowledge you share along the journey. I also would not have found the Swedish fish thread otherwise ;)
Curious if you found the reasoning for the increase in Nitrogen when increasing skim?
cheers,
C
 
Love this tank Lasse! ...and the knowledge you share along the journey. I also would not have found the Swedish fish thread otherwise ;)
Curious if you found the reasoning for the increase in Nitrogen when increasing skim?
cheers, C
I think you misunderstand me - I try to say that there is indications that the rised concentration of other N species than NO3 in my aquarium maybe was because I skim very dry - I do not catch enough proteins/amino acids in the skimmer cup. If I skim wetter - I maybe catch more proteins/amino acids in the cup.

New comparison

comp6.jpg
Sincerely Lasse
 
Last edited:
Continue with some more photos from today

FTS and other views

fts.jpg


center.jpg


half-fts.jpg


dense.jpg


clam.jpg

​
Fish

fjaril.jpg


pipe.jpg


school1.jpg


school2.jpg



​
For @Brew12 - pins

pin2.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
 
By request



Sincerely Lasse


Always enjoy your pics and videos. Everything is looking great and those clams look like they're booming!
 
Here is soon time for the evening meal :) - in the grey and raining Gothenburg

Sincerely Lasse
 
Comparison. it looks like the growth of my Hystrix has stalled a little - reason unknown

200226.jpg

​
Sincerely Lasse
 
It looks to me that the branches are just thickening up to support further growth... looks bob on to me
I´m not sure what´s happen. I´m rather sure that I have enough of nutrients for the moment but i will do some tests during this weekend

Sincerely Lasse
 
This have nothing with aquarium to do - but even a reefer need vacation. We travel when either of us (me and my wife) have an important birthday. When she get the age of 60 - we traveled to Thailand - the year after - when I was 60 - we backpack us through the same country. I have to admit - we flew both times. But when I celebrated my 60 years birthday - we took the night train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. It was a pleasant trip. It was rather funny - in our small apartment of the train we were two older pairs. In the next apartment - it was youngsters. In the evening - when the train host had decided that it was sleeping time - she was arguing to the youngster - go to bed, go to bed. However in our part - she was coming around every 15 minutes to see if there was any signs that we want to sleep - not saying anything. They have respect for elder in Thailand! Let me admit - we took an extra beer that night :p

Last year (10 years later - you have to do the math by your self) we was in southern Italy. We fly to Vienna and took the train down to the strait of Messina. It was a half "Greta effect" as we say in Sweden. It was a wonderful trip - we said - we repeat this next year but make the major hit on the Adriatic side of Italy.

This year - in January - I surprised my wife with saying - I want to go north this year. I do not know that time that Italy should be total shout down yesterday - I only felt that I want to see snow again - as I did when I grew up.

Of some reasons (baptist of our latest grand child - Tigran) we have to start our travel in Malmö central station. At 12:00 8/3

IMG_20200308_115904.jpg

We stop at Stockholm and leaved around 18:30 the same night. We took the night train to Narvik, Norway.

IMG_20200308_223517.jpg

Passing the arctic circle - early in the morning

IMG_20200309_084854.jpg

​
Ending up in Kiruna - high up in the north of Sweden. In the picture you will see Kirunavaara ( not Swedish - it is the Sami language) It is the mother of Swedish steel and the main reason (IMO) why Sweden could stay out from WWII (Germany need the ore from this mountain and a neutral Sweden would not be bombed)

IMG_20200309_093045.jpg

​
The train get further on the track between Kiruna and the always open harbour of Narvik along the "Malmbanan" - still the most important shipping route for Swedish iron ore

IMG_20200309_102508.jpg


IMG_20200309_104552.jpg

​

From Narvik - we arrive 24 hours after the start in Malmö - we took the bus further out to the Lofoten archipelago - to the town of Harstad. Here you can see a fish for the first time in this post.

IMG_20200310_110549.jpg

​
We stay in a hotel with the best view from a Sauna that I have ever seen

IMG_20200310_174651.jpg

Stay tuned - updates will follow

Sincerely Lasse
​
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new