1)maxspect razor R420R-300 leds
2)reef radiance dm155e leds
3) seneye montering system:help:

dcsaquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the dm155e and I like it pretty good. I don't have and have never had the other items.

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen any reviews of the seneye? What all does it monitor?

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen any reviews of the seneye? What all does it monitor?

the Seneye Reef monitors pH, ammonia, temperature, and oxygen, plus the built in PAR meter measures LUX, PAR, and Kelvin...Seneye already has the technology developed to monitor other vital water parameters but they are still working on patent protection before releasing the other equipment.....

it's warning system consists of a flashing red LED on the unit plus it will send an e-mail and/or text to your smart phone alerting you if there is a problem, it also continually monitors trends and can give you early warning if it senses a parameter headed out of safe range...very cool

it is a handy little gadget, it uses replaceable slides that do not need calibrated but have to be changed monthly,1 slide measures everything, these are inexpensive and easy to replace and the PAR meter can be used without the slide, the PAR meter alone is worth the cost of it...

contact Rick at Reef Radiance - Home for more in-depth details, great guy to talk to and he'll hook you up with a nice unit, plus he has replacement slides and accessories, he is an authorized dealer so you can get the best prices from him :)

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lest see how many opinions i get to my question

1)maxspect razor R420R-300 leds
2)reef radiance dm155e leds
3) seneye montering system:help:

Hi lonner1,

LOL - you are comparing two lights that truly are not comparable. I do not mean they both wont grow the heck out of your coral - I can assure you the DM-155e will grow the heck out of your coral - dont take my word for it - read what our customers say. I cannot speak to the Maxspect 300 - as I have never put one over a tank. I question the comparison because two of the razors 300 watt razors - to cover a 4 foot tank - will cost you $1800 and two of the DM-155e to cover a 4 foot tank will cost you $319 including freight - or less than 1/5th the cost. The DM-155e is a value light that is fully dimmable and full spectrum and the razor is a fully programmable light that is sexy looking as all get out. But they just are not comparable. The customer for the DM-155e is looking for a very high quality light that will look great over his tank and will grow his - or her coral - and the person looking at the razor is looking for - and has the inclination to buy - and resources to pay for - the big bucks because it looks very cool. LOL - I imagine if you asked most of our DM-155e buyers if they would rather have the razor for the same price - if they could trade straight across - I imagine they would in a heart beat. The razor is for the few hobbyists who want the very coolest toy and have the money for it and the DM-155e is for the hobbyist who does not need or want - or cannot afford - this expensive of a toy. And the same is true for the 120 watt version of the razor at $419 it is over twice the cost of the DM-155e and all the same points above apply. Truly this is not to criticize the razor - it is very cool looking - or you - it is rather an attempt to suggest comparing lights that are close enough to compare. I hope this makes sense. As to the Seneye - all I can say it is the coolest toy you dont have yet....and let our customers take it from there...... Rick

Chris@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of your aquarium? The 300W Razor (43.5') was designed for 48" aquariums. Not only is the Razor one of the nicest looking LED systems available, it is also a top performer.

Chris
CoralVue

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back