Lid or No Lid

TheGreatOne

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
Just had a quick question. I was wondering if you preferred to keep a top on your aquarium or if you preferred to not use a top lid. The tank I got off of a guy has a lid but I am not sure weather I really want to use it or not. I kinda prefer to just have an open top if that makes sense. Looking forward to any comments or thoughts.
 
I like having mine open no real reason just preference
 
I have to, I have a wrasse ............... :) Really helps with less evaporation also!
 
Topless helps with gas exchange. It also helps evaporate more water if you're dosing Kalk, ect. It also helps keep temps down.
 
More fish than wrasses jump. Really, almost anything can jump for one reason or another. I have had tangs, clowns and blennies jump from mine. I wouldn't use a glass lid, but would go with a mesh top - with ¼" mesh. ½" - like with eggcrate or the bird mesh - is too large to keep some fish in.
 
I also use the screen top. I like it open (constantly cleaning glass from salt spray gets old quick) but I have some jumpers so the screen is necessary.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new