Lighting For 10g Nano

Sean Hartnett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting my first tank soon and I was originally going to make it an sps tank but after some advise I've found that with such a small tank and it being my first one, I should start with lps. What are some types and or brands of lights I can buy for my coral that are going to work and won't break my bank haha?

OP
OP
Sean Hartnett

Sean Hartnett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so that one is about $170 it looks like. I'm still looking to go a little bit cheaper on this tank because I see myself upgrading to a much bigger tank in a year probably.

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree get the kessil more money but as he said it grows the coral you ultimately want and will be good for the upgrade.

OP
OP
Sean Hartnett

Sean Hartnett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't have that much cash right now. I intend on getting some quality lights soon but I didn't want to wait.

Kylecva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May as well spend the money now. Have you looked at the A160WE's? They are cheaper and would still work!

gmendez619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with the skkye led light. Runs for about 100 bucks for the 8 watt. Has separate cords for the white and blue leds so you can put both of them on timers. It can grow medium light corals no problem. Or go on ebay or amazon and purchase a green element led light with both blues and whites for around 40 bucks. They have good cheap leds on both amazon and ebay. Just make sure to read everything in the description first

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back