Lighting Suggestions 72x30x24

ReefChef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers, I'm in the process of doing a 225 gallon 72x30x24 build and need some lighting suggestions. On my previous tank I did 2 36" noopsyche hybrids with 6 XR 15's gen 4. I've been reading up on the Giesemann Spectra MH/T5 hybrid, I'm leaning between that or going with Orphek ICON's. This isn't to start a p*ssing contest between MH & LED's, I've been reading plenty of those already! I would just like some honest input and suggestions on which you would choose if you were doing a new tank or changing your lighting. I know about the heat issue and would run a cooler if necessary, as I'll be running a remote sump. I plan on having this as a mixed reef but primarily SPS eventually. Thank you all in advance for all of your input.

cooltowncorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer LED mostly because I dislike that bulbs slowly lose power and then when you change them it’s a big light boost with slightly shifted spectrum that corals have to adjust to. Unless you change them super often which is expensive now that less people use them.

sooo I vote led (I use AI lights)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back