Lighting Suggestions 72x30x24

ReefChef19

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2019
Messages
288
Reaction score
192
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers, I'm in the process of doing a 225 gallon 72x30x24 build and need some lighting suggestions. On my previous tank I did 2 36" noopsyche hybrids with 6 XR 15's gen 4. I've been reading up on the Giesemann Spectra MH/T5 hybrid, I'm leaning between that or going with Orphek ICON's. This isn't to start a p*ssing contest between MH & LED's, I've been reading plenty of those already! I would just like some honest input and suggestions on which you would choose if you were doing a new tank or changing your lighting. I know about the heat issue and would run a cooler if necessary, as I'll be running a remote sump. I plan on having this as a mixed reef but primarily SPS eventually. Thank you all in advance for all of your input.
 
I prefer LED mostly because I dislike that bulbs slowly lose power and then when you change them it’s a big light boost with slightly shifted spectrum that corals have to adjust to. Unless you change them super often which is expensive now that less people use them.

sooo I vote led (I use AI lights)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new