Lighting suggestions for 190gal display???

Scaggs1117

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2023
Messages
193
Reaction score
39
Location
Queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatsup fellas, I went back and forth a lot but I decided on going with a 230 system, 190gal display 72x26x24.
I’m pretty sure I’m gonna do gyres icecap 4k’s maybe one on each side with 2 nero3’s one on each side of the internal overflow to blow behind the rocks.
I am stuck on the lighting though, any one have suggestions? I don’t think I’m covering the tank so idk if maybe a hanging setup with one arm going across or I could clip multiple on to the back, I just don’t know which lights to go with. Any suggestions??
Thanks!
 
I think it depends on what you are planning on keeping. SPS dominant, mixed reef, etc.
 
I think it depends on what you are planning on keeping. SPS dominant, mixed reef, etc.
I left that out ****, mixed reef most lps but a few acros and such I guess along the top mostly LPS
 
Would you put them long ways - - - stretching across , or more of a l l l formation

They are pretty square the way they light. Each can cover 24*24.

If you want even more coverage the 200s are great as well and 3 of them is barely $1000 with all mounts and controller
 
They are pretty square the way they light. Each can cover 24*24.

If you want even more coverage the 200s are great as well and 3 of them is barely $1000 with all mounts and controller
Sounds good thanks!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new